Friday, July 30, 2010

The Secret Is Out...

I have a wonderful brother
~CHARLIE~
He is one of the joys of my life
even though he lives on the East Coast
and I live in the Midwest.
When we get together we never stop laughing.
MyHero walks around shaking his head
wondering what we are laughing about.
Charlie and I think the same things are funny...
Like when someone means to say one thing
and says another...
For instance MyHero
(who is sometimes distracted)
telling Mimi that her coat was ringing..
(he meant the phone)
Charlie & I would laugh hysterically.
MyHero would tell us
IT'S! NOT! THAT! FUNNY!
Hmmmm...maybe not to him...

Anyway, Charlie has a new woman in his life.
I have talked to her once but
have talked about her several times.
Charlie is very happy.
I can see him smiling over the phone.
But...
There are a few things that Ma Cherie doesn't know about
my brother, Charlie.
By now she has probably figured out he is a hard worker.
He gained that experience early in life
on the farm.

As you can see he was good at
feeding those flipping turkeys...
the stupidest bird God ever put on Earth..
but that is a rant for another day.He was also a good little helper inside.
He liked to bake pancakes Although on occasion he would become a bit confused.
Was he supposed to be AT the stove..
or IN it.
But, Ma Cherie, the deeper secret is this...
When he was little I would dress him up
in MY clothes.
He swore he didn't like it.
He swore that it was only because he was too little to protest.
HOWEVER..
As I was going through my pictures the other day..
I found this...
Certainly he was old enough
to have dressed himself that day.
He will probably lie and tell you it was
Halloween...or...Something..
But...take a piece of advice from
The Big Sister..
The one who knows him well.
Check your closet!
your photo name

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh Diana~~~it seems our lives run the same line at times. My little(6'3")brother is bringing his new love to the lakehouse in two weeks! We've never met her..so it should be interesting. Danny(he hates it when I call him that) is happy for the first time in many years. Don't you still think of each other in terms of being kids?
Maybe you should keep those pics in the closet...don't want to cause questions to pop up later.
My bird bath is cement..just thought I'd tell you that.
Have a great day my friend.
Debbie@houseatthelake

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

Oh man, those are good blackmail pictures!

Heaven's Walk said...

Uh-ohhhhh! There are TWO of you?! LOLOLOL!

xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

Nam said...

Uh-ohhhhh! There are TWO of you?! LOLOLOL! xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

Chris Burks said...

Oh man, those are good blackmail pictures!