Thursday, January 26, 2012

SUPER QUICK Banana Bread

I have a son that
LOVES
Banana Bread.
MamasBoy
LOVES his banana bread
almost as much as he
loves his Mom,
and his nieces.
Here he is loving on our
Little Lulu
last summer.
If I want
A FAVOR
(a piece of furniture moved
or my computer "fixed")
I call
MamasBoy
and say..
I have banana bread!

It's an amazing trick
because he
ALWAYS
shows up.
He is
THAT SON!
The truth is he would
stop by whether there was
BANANA BREAD
or not because he is
good like that.

Anyway....
I am always trying
new recipes.
I think this is the
simplest one I have
ever made.
EVER.

Remember those
Well...
same principle.

I mashed up 3 or 4
bananas that I had frozen
when they got to
super ripe stage.
I thawed and beat the
spunk outta them..
cuz I am kind of a mean cook.
They sure aren't purty here,
are they?;>)
Then I used a box of
White Cake Mix
 (or you can use Yellow-
I only had white )
Add 2 eggs
(look how they are nestled up
to those chocolate chips-
It looks like they are in
LOVE, doesn't it)
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup nuts or chocolate chips.
(I was, sadly, out of nuts-
I fed the last of them to a
hungry squirrel because I
thought the nuts were just a tad
past usable date and I
KNOW those squirrels can't read
so they will eat them anyway).

I use those
silicone mini pans.
Bake at 350º

for about 45-60 mins.
~YUM~
That's it!

Recipe:

Cake Mix Banana Bread

3 or 4 mashed up bananas
1 Cake Mix- White or Yellow
2 eggs
1/4 cup Crisco oil
1/2 cup nuts or chocolate chips.

Mash up bananas.
Add eggs and oil.
Beat.
Add cake mix.
Stir until completely blended.
Stir in 1/2 cup nuts or chocolate chips.
Pour into 1 large bread pan
or 4 small ones.
(I use the silicone ones-otherwise,
grease pans)
Bake @ 350º 45 mins-1 hour
until lightly browned
and a tester inserted comes out clean.
Serve warm or cool.
Hmmmmm..
I have some more bananas.
What JOB do I need done now?
oh-yeah-
THE BASEMENT!
I'm going in.....
Skeeeery, huh?
If you don't see me in 2 or 3 days,
call MamasBoy to come find me..
tell him there is
BANANA BREAD
on the counter...
He'll come running.
your photo name

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

those silcone pans look like valentine loaf pans! So pretty, this sounds really yummy!

Karena said...

Diana this looks like amazing Banana bread...I am going to try it thank you for sharing...have a great day beautiful...

Karena A Loblolly Life

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I've got a kiddo that comes running for Banana Bread too! If she saw your yummy bread she just might start for your neck of the woods.

I have a skeeeery garage. I no sooner get it all tidy and it gets all messy again! Hoe DOES that happen!?

Jettie said...

I see that the Garage Monster has made his rounds to you part of the woods, too.
Keep those nuts in the freezer, they last almost forever. Had you called, I'd have delivered pecans for that banana bread pdq...

michelle said...

I love banana bread! I might com running too, I would even help with the basement, or try and find you. :)
Thanks for the recipe, I will have to try!
xoxo

Gina said...

Mmmmm....banana bread! Maybe I'll come rescue you from the basement for that banana bread instead of calling your son.

Sherry said...

Nana, that sounds super easy and yours looks delicious. Thanks for sharing.

Patty Patterson said...

Sounds delicious!

outjunking said...

I first want to say job well done on raising your son. My oldest is in (new)love and I never see him:( even when I make chocolate oatmeal cookies. Also is that 3 boxes of wine glasses I see. Hmm!
Lisa

Tete said...

Ok- this sounds doable to me...I will have to try it.
How well do those silicone pans work? I don't have any, so let me know.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Haha, Diana! Great post! Before we moved, I used to dangle favorite foods before my son if I needed some muscle help with something. Although, like yours, he is very good and would have helped anyway. I may try this myself. I used to make banana bread all the time when the kids were growing up. Since I've been gluten free for the past five years, I could probably use one of the gluten free cake mixes as a substitute. Hmm, you've got me thinking I'm adding banana's to the food shopping list!

momto8 said...

yum...I have never used a cake mix before..I bet that is easier. You son would agree! ha!
i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Marti said...

I like quick and easy! and love banana bread.

Nellie said...

Oh, boy! Just when I have some of "those" bananas in my basket! Thanks so much for the idea, Diana! xoxo

Dominique said...

Awwww... I have a son like that, too. And you're right, it doesn't take banana bread! :) He's the one who actually ASKS if I need help. I also have ripe bananas in the freezer. Guess its time to make a little something to thank him for having such a sweet spirit!

Susie said...

Diana, It's great your boy is crazy for your banana bread. My g.son Jake, asks for a pasta salad, I make, every once in a while. So it's a special between us. Well it makes me feels special.:):)Now don't stay in that scary place too long. Smiles, Susie(She Junks)

Lynne said...

Thanks, Sweet D!
I'm going to try this recipe!
Your basement...our garage! At Christmas, I told the kids...if you don't have it picked up by June 1st...it's outta here! Last week's weather reinforced the need to get the vehicles under cover! I'll be watching for you to surface! LOL
~Lynne
[w/L]

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I just thawed out some banana bread! Yummy recipe it looks like.
I hope you escape the basement in a few days!

deborah said...

Diana I love the recipe! I have a 21 year old who's favorite ever treat is banana bread, too. Thank you so much for your input the other day on my post 'fine line' It was wonderful to hear your thoughts. Thank you! And thank you for the recipe. I'll try it soon!
xo deborah

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

I love that your son shows up with or without banana bread! There goes our diets! Great recipe, thank you for posting!

Jane
Flora Doora

Donna said...

I have heard of freezing over ripe bananas, but never tried it myself. Best to freeze in or out of peels?

This recipe sounds really good because of using the cake mix! Going to have to try this one!

Thanks for sharing - hugs,
Donna

Sweet Tea said...

I've never used the silicone pans before. I always think they are so pretty, but wonder how well they work. Obviously they work very well. Thanks for the recipe and the heads up on the pan.

Blondie's Journal said...

My kids are always laughing at me for saving and freezing the ripe old bananas because I never get around to making banana bread! Not anymore with this shortcut!! Thanks...it looks so good!! :-)

XO,
Jane

Ruth Kelly said...

Scrumptious! I always wondered if those silicone baking pans worked as well as they say.

Darcie (My Modern Country) said...

I make banana nut bread ALL the time for our 16 yr. old son. Have never tried it with a cake mix! I am definitely making this :)

Holly said...

If you told me that you had banana bread, I'd do whatever you needed too! I love the stuff but somehow mine doesn't seem to turn out right. However, now that you have shared a new recipe, I will go and try it!!
Thanks for your wonderful messages - they make my day!
hugs!
Holly

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I'm trying this recipe! Mean cook! LOL! You're so bad! Have a wonderful weekend and don't work too hard in the basement!

mo said...

Everyone loves banana bread.

No one ever forgets the scent of mom's banana bread drifting through the house on a cold winter day.

yum!

*hugs*

mo

wendy said...

I love banana bread...so I guess if you "bribed" me with that, I'd be at your beck and call'
especially if it is war
and with nuts.

that was a cute story

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

Yum, Yum, Yum! this sounds so yum.... I wonder if you could do this in cupcake papers?!?!? So Sweet to hear of your Momma's boy, makes you a very lucky momma!
now off to read about Sweet Cheeks ~ have a wonderful weekend
xox
Cheryl

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

How am I supposed to diet when you share yummy stuff like this!!!