Saturday, October 23, 2010

SweetCheeks & God

Well...I know I promised you


today...
but
I lied
I can't wait to tell you THIS instead.
We have been home for a few days now.
SweetCheeks was "mad at yoah"
for the first couple of days...
She missed her Nana and her Papa
and didn't understand why
we WENT and
she STAYED.
Last time-she went too.
You can read some of that amazing adventure here-I love it when she pretends she doesn't like Papa
(like the photo above-look at that face)
She says she ONLY loves her Nana!
She is such a little teaser...
I have NO idea where she gets THAT
trait from...must be on her Daddy's side.
The whole family was here for the last
couple of days. Fun for all-
If you like disorder and chaos...
If you like lost shoes,
leaves blowing across the kitchen floor...
If you like loud noises and boy pee
on your carpet...Yep..it was that
kind of visit.
Fun for all!
Last night SweetCheeks
was sitting on my lap.
She looked over at MyHero and..
out of the clear blue sky-
for no reason we could discern-
said to her Papa,
"Yoah gotta fat head, Tootie!"
We have never used that term..
nor have I heard it in years.
The whole family burst out laughing.
"Who made you so crazy, SweetCheeks?" Mimi asked.
God did-she said very seriously.
And Hims maked me ticklush too.
And Hims maked me cute...huh, Nana?
Yep! Sure did, SweetCheeks!
And Hims made Nana crazy too.
Yep-Hims sure did!
This morning I took her home.
On the way there she asked me
Arhe yoah working today?
Not today-I told her. Why?
Wellll, I hopes yoah loses yoah job.
What? Huh?
Why's that?
Cuz then yoah can meet ahll yoah fwrends
at Stharbucks and go haff lunch or sumfing.
Cuzz thass whut my Mom duz.
Your Mom is lucky, SweetCheeks!
Yoah mean cuz hers has me?
That is EXACTLY what I mean!
Someday we will all look back
and know just how lucky we
really are to be right here...
right now.
Amen
your photo name

23 comments:

Tete said...

SweetCheeks is awesome! My Craig was a lot like her when he was little.
She's just a chip off of the old block!
You are so blessed, girl, and I am so glad you are enjoying right here and right now!
Hugs- Tete

Debi WeeFaerie said...

That is so adorable! Kids are so wise if we take the time to decipher their speech. Such a great story, she's going to love looking back on these when she is older and seeing how treasured she is.

Laura said...

So true Diana, right here and right now... we are so lucky.... Everyone needs to know that. Because it goes so fast... take it all in.

Your sweet cheeks is the cutest for sure!! And, yep, you could skip work, and I would be more than happy to meet you at starbucks!!! Any time!!!
Laura xxx

Anonymous said...

I always love your sweetcheeks posts. Reminds me of the days with Skylar and Jd, who were always entertaining at that age. Now, they still entertain, just more eloquently, at the grand old age of 7.
Good Morning Sis!
AnonyMouse!

Donna said...

Aaawwwww! SwwetCheeks is just so darn sweet! And God did make her cute! I bet she is praying right now that you lose your job so that you can take Her to Starbucks! And camping, too! How funny! And you'd better remove that carpeting in Pearl's bathroom asap if you know what I mean :)

Debbie said...

Out of the mouths of babes! Sweet Cheeks is wise beyond her years. You are sooo blessed Diana!
Debbie@houseatthelake

Gabriele Agustini said...

What a wonderful photograph! I can see the family resemblance.
I love how she talks! SO cute!!
Grandchildren and children - truly God's blessing!!
Hugs to you my friend,
gabriele

Lisa @ Grandma's Briefs said...

What a sweet and wise little one you have there. And gorgeous, too! Love her eyes. Seems it doesn't take reaching "someday" to look back and realize how lucky you are; seems you realize it already, having shared it in this heartwarming post.

This is my first time here and I'll definitely be back. Love it!

Julie Harward said...

I don't know what you are going to do for blog material when that kid learns to talk plainly! LOL Very cute ;D

Vanessa said...

Diana! You have to make sure that you have all of these stories saved somewhere other than on your blog because they are too precious and hilarious to risk something happening to them!!! You have such a way of telling a story and I feel like I can here her little voice as I'm reading...or maybe it is just the little voice in my own home I hear! :-) Thanks for the laugh this morning!
Vanessa

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

So funny. I love reading how sweet cheeks talks. It is just like being there and listening to her, but I can laugh without her knowing it and getting mad.

Debbiedoos said...

Sweet cheeks just says the best things! I am so glad you document all this. I always wish I have done that...because you think you can remember, and let me tell you...YOU CAN't, there are just too many things they say! You made me smile from ear to ear on this one!

Blue Creek Home said...

Your little Sweet Cheeks is just too funny! She's a smart cookie.
I always look forward to reading SC stories!
Rhonda

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Diana... Far too cute!! You gotta be printing all this and making sweet cheeks a book for the future, this is too precious to lose!
Have a fantastic weekend!
Bella

Debbie~ said...

We don't go to Stharbucks very often, but when we do, my Lulu Belle loves it too! I second what everyone said above! Write some of SweetCheekism's down, because there might come a day you'll forget how she said certain words...and you'll forever kick yourself! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

NanaDiana said...

For all of those that I can't reply to individually-thank you sooo much for all your comments. My son is backing this blog up so that someday the kids will have a record of all the family "doings". Hugs to all- Diana

Leo said...

What a sweet post. I love that little Sweet Cheeks. Such a good little girl!!

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Preach it sista!
Right now!
Right here!
Right outta the mouths of Babes,,,sweetcheeks!
Hug that child for me!
xoxo~Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Oh this is adorable and I love it that you are keeping track of all SweetCheeks says, you have to give it all to her in book form on her wedding day!
Hugs,
Terry

Patty Patterson said...

So cute! I can't understand why Sweet Cheeks didn't get to go, either, though. It seems like it would be much more fun with her than without her.

Tootie said...

Too funny! I'm one my way right now, to see if I have a fat head. :)

Michelle said...

Shes Adorable I tell ya!
XoXo

Blooming Rose Musings said...

What a wonderful post! That little girl is so sweet! I am so glad you are backingup your blog to give to her in the future. You are so right, we are all so lucky...we just have to take a minute and a deep breath to remember that!