Monday, October 18, 2010

The PickUp

Now-Tell The Truth..
When I said
PickUp
Your mind immediately went here....
or worse...
if your MAN hangs out in sleazy bars..
THIS kind of
Pick Up...internet beer ad
Now don't get all crazy on
me here..
We aren't talking about
THAT KIND
of pickup.
Nope we are talking about
a pickup of the
Sweetest Kind!
A Pick-Up from Nursery School

We go into a wonderful old brick building
and tromp down the steps
at the appointed hour.
We stop in front of this door~It is SOMEONE'S turn
to open the door today
and let the parents in..
mostly Moms...
plus one crazy Nana...
SweetCheeks
is excited beyond measure...
She was not expecting to see
her Nana!
No. She.Wasn't.
She gives her Mom a big
ol' kiss..
right on the lips..
(the little germ spreader
that she is;>)
and says
I LOVE YOU..
in her guttural little voice. Next she must scurry back
to her own little mat

SweetCheeks waits ever-so-patiently

Ever so patiently...

VERY patiently

for dismissal...

I apologize for picture quality

But it is hard to catch someone

in a dark hall as they

are running for freedom!

Run...little girl....Run..Are you all done for the day, SweetCheeks?

Noah! We gotta go to Stahrbucks

for a steamahr..

Well, of course we do.!

What WAS I thinking?!!

This is an expensive little Pick Up...

It mighta been cheaper in the

long run-to have bought the truck!

your photo name

14 comments:

Diana Ferguson said...

So cute!!! Making those memories..........

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

Oh how I miss those days!!!

Michelle said...

Yay, I missed her cute little face! Too funny, she should be a Starbucks Rep!
XOXO

Tete said...

Oh, my, the joys of sweet cheeks! I love her! Thank goodness we don't have a Starbucks. I hear they are expensive so I think you're right about the truck being cheaper.
Have a great day! Tete

Debi WeeFaerie said...

Awww cute! SweetCheeks has great taste! I bet that was the best escape to freedom she's had yet!

Gabriele Agustini said...

Isn't it the best fun to surprise grandkids?!
I love that!!
Glad to see you're back!!!!
Hugs,
gabriele

Heaven's Walk said...

You are just the BEST family ever, Diana! Your love just sparkles in you all! :)

xoxo laurie

Vanessa said...

Oh, there is nothing like the pick-up! My guy still comes running at me even now as big lug of a first grader! So sweet!
Vanessa
P.S. Your comment on my post gave me the giggles and also put the fear of God in me...thanks for that! :-)

maddie/cadesmimi said...

Awwww...I just love this kind of "pick up"!

Donna said...

Oh my! Preschool and already addicted to Starbucks?! Sounds like I'd better buy some stock! Hey, there's a Starbucks on Mackinac Island, but something tells me you already know that! :)

Pamela said...

You got me on this one! I thought we were going to talk about men and their pick-ups! Glad it was this instead! lol
Pamela xo

One Shabby Old House said...

So nice of you to stop by my blog today. As for the Cat's Meow only the name has been changed. As Susie and Mark Holt. owners said they kept having people want to drop of pets for grooming lol. They moved their shop to downtown Sarasota on Palm Ave. They now call it Posh on Palm. And you are so right. They do it well!

Leo said...

Run Sweet Cheeks Run. How cute is this! She is so precious. I her little sweater is so pretty.

Patty Patterson said...

Expensive, yes! But, so worth it. Time spent with Sweet Cheeks is never wasted! (of course, neither is money spent on her)