Sunday, August 1, 2010

It Wasn't ME~This time~

Now I don't know about YOU but..
Sometimes MyHero has NO
sense of humor.
And he is one of those suspicious devils...
You know the type..
The conversation goes something like this...
"What's in that bag?"
What bag?
The one you are dangling down to the side of your left leg.
I look down the right leg...and ask..Where?
Your OTHER LEFT leg~
OH! THIS BAG?
YES! What did you buy?
HUH?
WHAT DID YOU BUY?
Nothing-just a little....
something for the house.
WHAT?
Never mind..walking away quickly..
Nope! Not quick enough!
OKAY!!! If you MUST know..
I bought some new towels.
Do we NEED new towels?
(We're gonna after I get done mopping up the blood that's
gonna be dripping if you ask me what I bought one more time)
Yes...I thought we needed new towels.
Okay..then...well, why didn't you just SAY so?
Cuz...I didn't want to have this conversation!
Anyway...moving along..I was quite surprised when
MyHero asked me
What's that you've got covered up in the garage?
What did you buy?
Huh? What?
Nothing!
Well, I suppose the mailman dragged something in there and covered it up.
(Hey! I can deal without the sarcasm, thank you very much)
Uh oh..now I start to think.
Did I buy something, cover it up and forget it?
Hmmmmm..
thinking....thinking.....Nope- I tell him,
I didn't buy anything and cover it up~
Well...SOMEONE DID!
Aha~ Then I remember..
MamasBoy & TheSecretAgent have been
storing some things here while they are working on their house.
I fly out to the garage with MyHero hot on my heels.
He thinks I am going to work a magic trick and make
something I bought (and hid) disappear before he can get out there.
Let's take a little look-see.
Ohhhh...there it is!!
What is it? My little heart starts beating faster
I love these kind of surprises...
especially when I am NOT involved in the purchase!
Careful now~Cover is off....
A mirrored vanity~
Actually there are TWO of them..
for their master bedroom.
How cool is that?!?!
They both have a knack for picking things out and putting them together.
VERY VERY COOL!
(sorry about the reflected mess-hey-it's a garage for Pete's sake)Top view...black granite!Side view..
And the wet spot on the floor?
Yeah...NOT from me!MyHero's breathing has slowed to almost normal.
The fire has left his cheeks
and his nostrils have lost their flare.
Well...he said...I THOUGHT you bought something...
and were trying to hide it!
HA!
Would I do that?
Would I?
Shhhh...I'm hoping he doesn't look in the closet!
your photo name

7 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I just love reading your posts because that is the same crap I go through. I am glad I am not alone. I have to sneak things in and it drives me nuts when the darn UPS guy comes when my husband is home. He says what have you ordered now? Who me?

Heaven's Walk said...

OH MY GOSH! I'm NOT alone out here in "Sneak-it-by-your-hubby" world!!! Yay! He actually had me thinking I was abnormal. Can you imagine that? Me? Abnormal? Nope! Well, Diana...now I can breath again and know that we can always move in together so we won't have to sneak anything in anymore, and let Hubby and YourHero live together in "Save-your-$$-til-you-die" world. lol!

Love ya, sweetie!

xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

Tamra said...

HILARIOUS!!

And I love that mirrored vanity!

Jettie said...

LOL, Glad that I am in good company, I've been known to leave the bags in the garage, until he goes outside, then run out and throw the stuff in the closet..and..I just hope the mail runs, or the UPS guy shows up while he is in the shop. The UPS guy knows me on a first name basis. Most recently, though, the packages are for hubs...
You know, he really needs that stuff.

Rebecca Nelson said...

HYSTERICAL! Absolutely HYSTERICAL.

I needed this tickling of my fancy today! :)

Don't ASK what that is!

Now...

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog this morning. As much as I loved my booth space it is just not for me anymore. I love selling online...my peeps have been so good to me and it was killing me not giving them the service they deserve.

Blessings to you as you and your girl decide what is best for you.

Love to you~

Rebecca PS: I'm your new follower.

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

Oh what a great post! It made me laugh out
loud! I guess we all go through the same
things. Love your blog, and thank you for
visiting my Flora Doora blog and leaving me
a comment!

Jane
Flora Doora

Julie Harward said...

LOL...we could all tell a similar tale! That is funny! Thanks for your visit :D