Thursday, August 5, 2010

How To Bake A Cookie

First of all-you must go to Nana's house..
because Mama is not crazy enough
to let you bake cookies at your own house.
As soon as you arrive you must strip off your street clothes
And put on a Princess costume.
One simply MUST have a Princess costume to bake in.
Next-we must call all of our imaginary friends
and invite them over to help.Next we must don an apron
and deal with this snappy band that
we are just a bit afraid will "bite"
if we let it go.
Mama also wore this apron when she was little.
Ready?
Let's get started.Let me...let me...I can measure the SNAKING POWDAH
(don't ask-cuz I don't know-nor do I want to)

I can hulp yoah Nana!
I'll jus' pour the creahm in heah.
Did I do it right? Did I?You sure did, SweetCheeks.
You're a good little helper.
Yeah-I knowh dat!
How comes yoah stopped that muchine
An how comes ya gotta put dat red fing in dere? Dum-de-dah-dum-dee (humming)
Mixed and refrigerated for an hour and we are back...
Oooohh...I got my owhn liddle rwolling pin, doan I?
Yeah-And you see this picture right here?
The one where you are licking your
Owhn Liddle Rwolling pin...
Yeah-that's why YOUR cookies are baking on their OWN special sheet.
This is why YOU are eating YOUR cookies.
Got it?Time to cut them out.
Good job SweetCheeks...
EEEW-look at those little fingernails..
That's ANOTHER reason you are eating your own cookies.
Hey! I am just the Nana.
I just do this for fun.
I am not the clean police today.
Well, we did WASH our hands before we started.
Maybe I should have looked a little closer.

These are YOURS..

ALL YOURS!

Browned lightly and frosted with

What color?

Guess!

Yep! PINK!Are they good, SweetCheeks?

OHHH-YEAHHH...

But now I am almost too tired to eat one.Hey, Nana!

I have an idea.

Why doan we make sum chokolat chips ones?

As Scarlett O'Hara said,

~"I'll think about that tomorrow"~

your photo name

9 comments:

Teresa said...

Oh Nana Dianna!
These are the MOMENTS!
The sweet sweet moments she'll always remember.
Always.
xo

Debi WeeFaerie said...

So darling! I love that apron! This cracks me up because my littlest wears a crown when we make cookies and calls herself a cookie princess lol! I guess cookies and princesses go hand in hand...or cookie in hand... something like that lol!

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

What a GREAT idea. I never thought of giving them their very own pan to avoid those little hands and licks. I just never eat them. Looks like there still may be cookies in my future with your great idea though. You are the best Nana and your Sweet Cheeks is truly a princess! You really know how to make the magical moment happen again and again.

I replied to your comment on my blog with an email but I got a, no reply. I'll try again — my internet is pretty sporadic up here.

Lin https://linridley.miche.com/Home said...

They have so much fun when they go to your house!

Debbie said...

You are such a good Nana! Sweet memories you are making.
Debbie@houseatthelake

Heaven's Walk said...

I haven't the slightest clue how you fit everything in that you do during the day, girl...You are amazing - and a great granny to boot! lol!

xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

She is adorable, maybe someday I will have granddaughters(I have three son's) to play dress up and cook with, I have my fingers crossed!! I just wanted to say I am so glad you found me and for leaving me such sweet comments, I also have three dogs and they were really sprawled out all over the floor trying to stay cool, it's hot here in Florida!!

maddie/cadesmimi said...

Granddaughter, Maddie, has her own cookies and cupcakes, too. She's a finger licker, as well. Love this post!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

What an adorable post! So reminded me of my little girl (who is soon to be 21) going to my Mom's and doing the same thing. Walking around in a Disney princess gown and grammies red high heels! Thanks for the memories!! Love your blog!