Saturday, May 21, 2011

I Love You To The Moon And Back Alice!

When I was a kid I
would sit on the arm
of my father's chair
every Saturday night
and we would
watch
Jackie Gleason
and
The Honeymooners.

Remember Jackie Gleason?
Maybe you don't-
But Jackie Gleason
was a bear of a man
that drove a city bus.
He was full
of get-rich schemes
that involved him and
Ed Norton,
the sewer worker that
lived upstairs.

His long suffering wife,
Alice,
was often the brunt of
his misplaced anger
when his plans and
dreams fell apart.
After all, he needed
SOMEONE to blame.

One of his favorite lines
he would throw out,
as he clenched his fist
and shook it at her, was
Ohhh..You're gonna get it now.
TO THE MOON, Alice.

Alice NEVER looked
scared because underneath
that tough guy exterior
beat the heart of a
pussy cat.

When our little Lulu got
old enough to talk
and interact we would
jokingly shake our fist at
her and ask...
You wanna go to
the moon, Alice?

Lulu, being very literal,
would say..
My name is NOT Alice
and I'm NOT going to the moon.

Ria didn't think it was too funny
either....
but by the time
 SweetCheeks came
along the dialogue had changed a
bit...here...see for yourself..


your photo name

14 comments:

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

LOL... you know, you oughta start up a production company... "Sweet Cheeks & Co"...

There was something very appealing about the simplicity of the set on that show...loved the actors..

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

I agree with Karen in the comment above! A
production company to film your stories! So
cute! Who could write those lines from the
heart! Have a great weekend!

Jane
Flora Doora

Anonymous said...

I agrre with all above,, do it,, its a winner,, I'd watch this on TV for sure!

Debbiedoos said...

Awww...I love the honeymooners, and I loved this sweet cheeks segment. I say that to my boys, and I also tell them I love them from infinity and beyond (toy story). Jack upped me though and now tells me I love you googleplex (sp). Have a great weekend.

Patty Patterson said...

Look like she's quite the competitor. You might as well give up and let her win because she's going to out-love you no matter what! *LOL*

Leo said...

Very cute. She is so adorable. I remember the honeymooners. And I loved Jackie Gleason. My husband and I almost bought a house that he used to live in here in Miami Beach. It was awesome but it just need too much work.

Tara said...

I loved the last line.. "Well YOU should have moved it!" Beneath all the love and sugar and stuff, she is ALWAYS right in a -not-so-really-sweet kind of way.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh what a precious video and something to enjoy for a whole lifetime, Diana! Sweet Cheeks is so beautiful AND so sweet! She sure loves her Nana!

I love the Jackie Gleason Show--he was amazing and so was Alice. We used to watch it every week when I was a kid.

I hope you're having a beautiful weekend.
XO
Cindy

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

One of these days Alice....

Tete said...

To the moon and back and around the block...and she loves you more than that. That's awesome, and yes, you should have moved the camera!
Awesome!
Hugs- Tete

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I remember watching the Honeymooners! It was a great show.

I think you should take this one on the road.

hugs
Sissie

Laura said...

Thats so cute diana, but how silly you are not to move the camera!!!! she is funny. I dont think i have ever seen that show or ... think i have heard of it before. Not too sure!! I do hope you are having a great weekend!Its only Saturday where you are i think, but hope that its a nice one anyway!!
love and hugs!! laura xxx

The enchanted home said...

That is very sweet......she is so cute. I remember the show, didn't watch much of it but my mom was a huge Jackie Gleason fan. This is funny.

Lucy said...

Luv ya bunches Nana Diana....xo