Monday, June 27, 2011

Bread And Whine Weekend-Part I

As you know
we had the
pure joy
of hosting
3 little grandgirls
for the weekend.

They are easy to
handle,
full of life,
and adventure,
and up for anything.

Friday night
they stayed up late
to watch a remake
of an old Shirley Temple
movie.
SweetCheeks fell asleep
about 1/2 way through
and got carried to bed..
but woke up just
long enough to
remember that I had
promised to read
Goldilocks And The Three Bears
before she went to bed.
Seriously?
At this hour?
Eyes filled with tears
are always convincers...
even late at night.
Yes..yes...I read it..
of course I read it!

Saturday morning
I woke up to find
2 strange visitors in
my bed.  I thought the
furnace had snapped on
during the night
but found it was
only a little
SWEATBOX
plastered up to me.

Off to Starbucks
and then on to
GreatHarvest
 for some
  Oregon Herb bread.
THE best bread in the world.
It's extra good because..
Oh My!!!
They give out free
slices of bread or
cookie samples.
The girls were full
of Nana's good, hot,
3 Bears Cereal
(see my recipe here)
TOO FULL
to  even sample anything?
Even SweetCheeks
said
No.Thhank yohu!

There was a surprise
visitor there though...
But SweetCheeks said
he was NOT
THE RHEAL POOHH BEAR!
Hims was just preethend!
Ready to go, girls?
(Notice that SweetCheeks has her
Princess costume on?  MyHero
thought she should change and
put on
REGULAR CLOTHES
Whereupon she informed him
that a Princess costume
ISS RHEGYOULARH CLOTHES!;>)
Amen Sister!
Can't wait to see what your
rhegyoularh outfits look
like when you are 15!
After a long hard day
of playing in the
kiddy pool and
running through the
sprinklers...a bath felt good.
And then~
 down they flew to the
deck to sit a spell
with Papa and watch
the sun kiss the lake
Good Night.
They went to bed without
a whimper because
Sunday was coming
and it was going to be a
BIG DAY
with some little
surprises.
And I will share those
tomorrow!
Happy Monday Friends!
your photo name

10 comments:

Jettie said...

Sounds yummy, and I can't believe the girls didn't want a sample.
I love the princess dress is rhegyoularh outfit. Brings back memories of when my girls were little, and we'd end up somewhere unexpected, after they'd dressed themselves for a drive to get a paper.

Gina said...

Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time! I really wish I could wear my princess costume in public. After all, they are regular clothes.

Lin https://linridley.miche.com/Home said...

That all looked wonderful, Princesses get to go out in their pretty dresses all the time! oxo

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful nana weekend,, those are beautful little girls,, I think the princess costumes are so sweet, i love to see the little ones out and about in them,, not so much adults though,I saw a 250 pound man in one last summer,, just didn't look good,, nope not at all,

michelle said...

Awww what a sweet post and a wonderful day! There is no better way to end a day than in the arms of a grandpa overlooking the water. :)
That bread looks sooooo good too!!!
xoxo

Pamela said...

Lovely post Diana!!! So funny about the costume being her real clothes!
I want some of that bread!!! I love good bread!

Pamela xo

Cindy Adkins said...

Woo hoo! It all sounds so fun!!! If you get a chance, hop over to my blog..I want you to see something! lol
XO
Cindy

Patty said...

Looks like you had a pretty good weekend. A day with your girls is a good day, right?

Pam Kessler said...

I can just picture myself in the adirondack chair with a beer in my hand watching the sun set. In my princess outfit no less!

Debbiedoos said...

Boy that looked like a great time. The bread had me though, went straight to my thighs.