Saturday, August 6, 2011

Bow Hunting-For Deer-er I Mean Dears~

Where are the bows?
Are there any bows left, Nana?

I make bows!
Every year before school starts,
I make bows...
Lots of bows...
By the end of the school year,
the bows
(those that we can still find)
are looking pretty dismal.

It is August.
Soon-
All too soon-
It will be September.

My granddaughters have been
known at school
as
The Girls With The Bows.
Not a bad thing to be
known for, I guess.

Better than
the girls with dirty socks,
or the girls that don't brush their
teeth-
They have been
The Girls With The Bows.

Lulu has worn them..

Ria has worn them...

And SweetCheeks started
wearing them
early on.

And wears them resting...

or taking a lesson..

or playing on the beach..

I love to see them with
their bows..
but know that the day
will come when the older
girls probably won't wear
them anymore.

I hope that doesn't happen yet.

There is just something
sweet and innocent about a
girl with a bow.

I will show you what I made
the other day after work.
It took about 3 hours to
put this many together..
but I putzed a bit..
I could have made them faster.

Now..
Here's the deal...
Tomorrow I will give you
a short tutorial on
bow making.
Even if you can't sew a stitch
you can make a bow.
I promise.

Here's a little
preview~
Whaddya mean it's a mess?
Better?
Abracadabra
Roll Rewound..

Y'all come back now, you hear?
You'll be bow hunting in no time!

All you late comers have through the weekend
to sign up for my little giveaway.
Why? 
Well, because the
Princess That Draws Names
won't be here until Monday.
You do remember HER
don't you?


your photo name

17 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I agree... little girls and bows go together! And in my opinion the bigger the better. When our twins were little I used their hair bow color so others could know who was who. White for Jill and non-white for Jamie.

The bows were so large (they claim), they blame me to this day that was why they did so poorly in soccer. ahh...but they were cute little soccer players!

Anonymous said...

oh those girls look so sweet with the bows,, even more special because you do them,,

Debbiedoos said...

Awww...you know those are not just any bows, those are even more special because they are made with love from their NANA!~

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Those are really cute bows Diana! You are talented, I will be back for the tutorial!
Hugs,
Cindy

The enchanted home said...

Little girls and bows go together like popcorn and salt (and butter)...just perfectly!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Diana Sweetie...
Another darling post. Love the bows and yes I have made many over the years, but yours are different, so count me in for the tutorial. I can't wait. I still have a little one in 1st grade, and believe or not, the girls in Junior High and High School are wearing bows on head bands again, so I have a feeling I will be making some for the older girls as well.

These are just beautiful sweet friend. You are so talented. I love seeing what you are up to. Hope you have a glorious weekend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Daniella said...

Diana!! I laughed so hard, I spit out my coffee!! "Better than being called the girls with the dirty socks!" Yes my friend, it certainly is!!!
HPS!
xxDaniella

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

I love this post! They will always remember
the bows you have made them! I cannot wait
for the tutorial, all the bows on my Flora Dooras are crooked (hope no one noticed). I
need bow instructions!

Jane
Flora Doora

Unknown said...

Dying, literally DY-ING!!! to see this tutorial on bows, Diana. Yours are fabulous. And those dimpled kid-lings are fabulous models. Love the fairy princess, tell her to pick my name, chuckle. It is such a delight to always visit you, my friend.

TTFN ~
Have a great weekend ~
Marydon

Gypsea Nurse said...

How precious!!!
I am laughing because my older daughter dressed up my youngest son in that same Disney costume..bows, lipstick, tiara and all...Needless to say i took pics..( you know, blackmail one day!hehehee!)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Smiles~
Gypsea

Sweet Tea said...

Everyone likes bows. Bows make you smile.
Your bows are beautiful and your girls are lucky to have
A NaNa who keeps their bow supply well stocked.
Here in the South girls wear bows almost as BIG as their head!! *smile

KimMalk said...

I so miss my bow making days and curly pigtails. How fortunate they are to have all of those beautiful custom bows from their Nana. Occasionally, my 15 yr. old will still wear them ;).

Terri said...

Can't wait to see your tutorial, Diana. I buy bows for my grandgirls at craft fairs, where they're reasonably priced. But I'd love to make them, just never tried....

Leo said...

Oh my gosh - I love that photo of Sweet Cheeks as a baby! So cute. And of course, love her princess outfit. What an expression on her face. So sweet!!

camp and cottage living said...

There is definitely something so girlie about bows.
What a sweet Nanna you are to make them for your grand girls!
I just got home from Marquette and passed through your favorite Munising! Who knows maybe our paths will cross there someday.
Take care!

Cindy Adkins said...

I didn't know that you made their bows, Diana!!! They are adorable! You need an Etsy shop!!! Sending hugs your way, my friend!
XO
Cindy

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

My daughter always loved to wear bows too! She's all grown up and now has to have ruffles!