Wednesday, December 13, 2023

PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE-MY CHRISTMAS REMINDER FOR YOU~

Do you have 
someone you need to pop in
and visit over the Holidays?
Do you need just a sweet little
something to give them?
This is 
THE EASIEST HOMEMADE
PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE
ever.
I wish I could tell you where
I got the recipe but I can't remember.
So...
You know those boxes that
Christmas cards come in?

Here's how to take the box below
and turn it into a special
gift.


Don't you hate to throw them away
because they have such pretty
"faces"?
They make wonderful little
Candy Boxes.

Open the box and line it with tin foil.
Butter the tin foil.
Then make this:
In pan over medium heat melt

2 sticks of butter
When melted stir in 
1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy.


Like this.
Stir in one teaspoon REAL vanilla.


Add 2-3/4 cups CONFECTIONERY SUGAR
(not granulated)

(That old tin scoop belonged to my Mom-Good Housekeeping 1954)

I beat it quickly with a hand mixer
(it sets up fast) 
and then pour it into the 
buttered foil lined box.

Put it in the fridge to harden
and as soon as it sets up
lift it out, toss the tinfoil away,
 and wrap it in 
parchment paper.
Then wrap it with a piece
of ribbon and place it
back in the box.

 
I pick up knives all year here and there
and include one in each box.

The fudge stays fresh 
until they cut it.

Put the lid on and it presents
like this when opened.

Recipe:
SMOOTH AND EASY
PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE
2 sticks butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-3/4 cups confectionery sugar
In saucepan:
Melt butter
Stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
Use hand mixer and quickly
mix sugar in. It sets up fast.
Place in tinfoil lined box and
set in fridge until hard.
This is the smoothest peanut
butter candy I have ever made.
This recipe makes two card boxes 
full OR 1 8x8 buttered pan.
It's quick, easy and just
a sweet little surprise.

Save a few pieces for your friends.


 

your photo name

28 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The Maxine cartoon at the end puts everything in perspective!

Anonymous said...

Yum! Easy is always nice. I’m glad you post this every year. Some of us fail to print or copy the recipe. (Cough, cough) lol. Hope your week is going well.
😊Cecilia

Jeanie said...

Unsolicited review: I make it every year. It's my very favorite and people love it!

Kathy said...

I love fudge but never make it. Maybe I'll try this. Can it be made without peanut buttter? Like with chocolate for those allergic to peanuts?

Junkchiccottage said...

Who does not like a good piece or 6 of fudge lol! I love that you use nice Christmas Card boxes to put the fudge in for gifts. Great re love and use of Christmas card boxes. Hugs Kris

MadSnapper said...

its beautiful! great idea.

Cindy said...

What a great idea to use a Christmas card box! And that fudge looks delicious!

Gay Van Beek, Canterbury Cottage Designs said...

YUMMY! Peanut butter and chocolate, what's not to like gf! Love you and thanks for this amazingly easy idea, and pretty too!

Kay G. said...

I am going to give this to all my skinny friends! HAHA!!!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Such an easy and yummy recipe and I love the fact, you wrap it up in Christmas card boxes. A wonderful trick for recycling. Xo

Cheryl Kimbley said...

What a great gift. Thank you for the recipe and the idea!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Diana, peanut butter fudge is perfect to make for gifts this time of year.

Rain said...

Looks delicious!

Ann said...

I'm sitting here drooling over your fudge. I'm not keeping anything like that in the house this year though. I'm going to behave myself and not eat all the sweet stuff.
I remember you showing the Christmas card box for the fudge last year. That's a great idea.

happyone said...

I like chocolate fudge. Must be one of the few people that don't like peanut butter fudge though I do like peanut butter.
It is a great gift idea.

Lorrie said...

I always say I'm going to make this and then don't get to it. This Christmas...I'll try harder! Looks delicious.

Heaven's Walk said...

What a wonderful holiday gift idea, Diana! Presenting it in the card box is just brilliant! :) Thank you for the recipe, too (and the beautiful Christmas card you sent me. We loved it.) xoxo

Laurie

Kim said...

Hahaha...love that cartoon at the end! That is funny and I can hear my mom saying that in my head. Love the wrapping, too. I need to remember that, and the addition of the knife! Classy!! xo

jack69 said...

It always sounds and looks so good. We seldom do any candy making, but this sure does yank a chain.... the idea of Card boxes is a treat in itself...
Love ya

Hope you are having a great pre Christmas season...

Terri D said...

Thanks for the reminder of this yummy fudge, Diana!! Merry Christmas!!

Janie Junebug said...

When you say you pick up knives here and there, does that mean your friends who have you over for a dinner party should count the silver before they let you out the door? lol

Love,
Janie

Donna said...

What a fabulous idea!! I'd have Never thought to do this in a million years!
hugs
Donna

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Diana: I wrote this recipe down last time but still haven't made it but it still looks so pretty and delicious. Love the old lady's take on it. Merry Christmas, my friend. Hope all is well with you. xxoJudy

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

I love this idea Diana, and have used it in years past! This is a yummy recipe! Thanks for the timely reminder!!!! Blessings to you dear friend!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

What a 'sweet' gift, and love how you include the vintage knife! Sounds so yummy. Thank you for sharing the recipe! xx K

Linda said...

Thank YOU!!! I will be making this next week! You have the BEST recipes! I love your caramel recipe!

Red Rose Alley said...

These look Yummy like the caramels! What a great idea to put them in a decorative box at Christmastime. I always keep a few of my favorite boxes left over from the cards I send. Who wouldn't love to get this homemade peanut butter fudge at Christmastime? ; )

~Sheri

Jenny the Pirate said...

Diana, thank you for the lovely Christmas card and especially what you wrote in it, which touched my heart. Although I've yet to make this recipe or the caramels (caramels are a serious weakness of mine, haha), I always love reading that recipe and also this one, and seeing the way you box up that peanut butter fudge. I really must do that sometime because it's so charming, it brings tears to my eyes. Love you, friend! Merry Christmas! xoxo