Wednesday, November 29, 2023

TAKE A GINGER BOY WITH YOU--AND I DON'T MEAN YOUR RED-HEADED NEIGHBOR~

I have done this post

a  few times over the years.

Several people wrote and told me

how much the loved the idea.



I thought I would post before it

gets any later in the season--

in case you want make these for 

your own home.

I have been doing this since my

own kids were small.



You know how a front door says 

WELCOME

when you come in?

By the way-

Those sleigh bells are off the horses my 

father drove as a young man.

So -there's my 

Happy Hello!

BUT I like my door to say

GOOD-BYE

when someone leaves, too.

And I like to say it NICELY

Unlike some people that will say-

Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the 

way out.

How do I do that?

I let my visitors take a little memento

of their visit with them.

It is called 

Cut and Run Take

Here they are! 

My sweet little

GINGERBREAD BOYS

hanging in a row.


Here's how to make this 

sweet little door hanging.

Roll out Saran Wrap about 2 feet longer 

than the side of your door.

Lay your Gingerbread Boys in a line 

on the center of the plastic wrap.

leaving about 4-6" between them.

You could also do this with any sturdy

cookie- like a sugar cookie cut 

like a snowflake or star.

Flip each boy upside down 

making sure that they

are still in the center

of the saran wrap.


Pull the plastic wrap to the back

overlapping it so they are enclosed 

all the way around.

That way they stay nice and fresh

as well as being encased.


Gently flip them over and using ribbon

tie a knot ABOVE and below EACH one.

Hang some children's scissors on

some curly ribbon from the top

of the door frame

to cut the saran wrap.

When you cut them apart 

you will cut between the ribbons 

leaving each one fully encased 

in plastic wrap.


Here I am making a cut between the ties.

You start with the bottom one and 

each person can cut off 

A GINGERBREAD BOY 

to take along when they leave.


I hang them on a nail 

hidden on top of the door jamb.

shhhhh-MyHero hates nails anywhere

I dressed the top 

with some greenery and red balls.


I love  Gingerbread Boys, don't you?

Sometimes I feel sorry for them though.

Poor things.

pinterest image

The one on the right hears about like 

my hubby does-especially when it comes

to something I am saying 

of great importance!


Now- get in that kitchen and start baking!

As for me..

Well, I am trying not to BAKE

so that I don't EAT

Gingerbread Boys!


OH!  And this idea works really cute with


SNOWFLAKE CUTOUTS


instead of 

Gingerbread boys.


Have a Wonderful Wednesday !

your photo name

34 comments:

Donna said...

What a Wonderful idea!! My brain is whirling with ideas!!
Hugs
Donna

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

I remember when you first posted this! (well, I think it was the first time). I just made my gingerbread dough yesterday and it is sitting in the fridge waiting to be rolled out. Hopefully we will do our annual cookie decorating soon. -Jenn

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Still a great idea!

Billie Jo said...

My goodness! I absolutely love this idea! Thank you for sharing, my dear friend! P.S. Steve hates it when I put a nail in anything! LOL

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

I love this!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Such a great idea, a perfect party favor. Gingerbread boys are so cute. Thanks for sharing again. Happy Wednesday Diana. Xoxo

Gay Van Beek, Canterbury Cottage Designs said...

I love this! Gonna make hubby one without a "you know what" (you and I know but others might have their minds in the gutter) LOLOL

Junkchiccottage said...

Love this so much. Happy New Week. Hugs. Kris

Lynne said...

Great idea!
Miss master mind!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That is a wonderful idea. Everyone leaving can take a treat home. I usually don't bake cookies but this has inspired me. Happy Holidays to you !

Pamela M. Steiner said...

What a wonderful idea! I love this! We don't get that many visitors anymore, however, and I would end up eating them all myself probably. LOL But I love the idea. And I do love Gingerbread boys too! LOL. Merry Christmas!

MadSnapper said...

I don't bake, but could use bought cookie, but the good news is, no one comes in our house except repair men, like the plumber last week and again next week and the cable guy yesterday. it is a super idea. i can think of a lot of things to hang from the nail, shhh, that don't have to be baked. like dollar tree glass ball full of christmas candy. lots of ways to do this. the cookies are beautiful and classy like your house

racheld said...

I hope you know how much you're loved---you must get up and hug yourself with joy every morning.

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

What a cute and sweet idea! Love it! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

such a great idea.

Carla from The River said...

Happy Almost December my birthday sharing friend. ;-)
xx oo
Carla

Jeanie said...

I don't remember this from before but it is totally adorable. I love this idea!

Mevely317 said...

"Cut and run!" ... that's a wonderful idea!
Unfortunately, it seems you've an unrealistic opinion of my culinary expertise ... particularly when it comes to Saran Wrap and scissors. (LOL)

Cheryl Kimbley said...

How cute! My mom used to make gingerbread men and wrap them and put them on the tree. Every person visiting during the holiday got one. I love the idea.

jack69 said...

Great read and ideas. Made it to Florida but picked up a bug along the way.
Love you lady...Sherry & jack

Terri D said...

What a great idea, Diana!! I've never made Gingerbread men but could put two or three cookies in each section... Love ya!!

Gretchen Joanna said...

That is a darling idea, so warm and Christmasy -- I would like to do this! You have the perfect front door for it, with that narrow window to the side. Thank you for sharing <3

Heaven's Walk said...

What a charming Christmas tradition, Diana! I just love it! Sending you holiday love and a big hug, too! xo

Laurie

Melanie said...

I remember you doing this every year!

I have to laugh about gingerbread men (or boys)...Trader Joe's makes iced gingerbread men cookies that come in a box at Christmas time. A few years ago, they changed the name on the box to gingerbread people! They are no longer "men". Interesting...

16 blessings'mom said...

I've done this before, but not with gingerbread men, when my kids were little. I made Easter cut outs, chicks and eggs and bunnies, they looked so cute hanging up! The kids are growing up, grandchildren abound and would love them, but there is the matter of our two very piggy Labradors. One is old and wobbly, yet she finds the strength to reach things you cannot imagine her being able to get. So I'll make these, but they won't be hanging to tempt the pups. :)
Della

Bless said...

What a fun idea! I'll probably end up eating them all, myself, so I had better not make any though!

Lorrie said...

Such a fun idea!

Jo said...

What a wonderful idea, I bet everyone loves visiting your house.

Ann said...

This is a wonderful idea. The only problem is that no one ever comes to my house. I would have to eat them myself. And believe me, I would.

Holly said...

What a cute idea and sweet treat!

Kim said...

This is one of my favorite posts! I think I pin it every year!! Yum!!

Val said...

This is such a sweet idea, Diana. ♥ Happy holidays!

Theresa said...

I remember this from over the years. Great idea and a little snack for the ride home. Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs 🤗

Jenny the Pirate said...

The gingerbread boys are darling and the idea of hanging them by the door to give to visitors as they leave is so charming. I won't be doing that this year but I would like to try it sometime. Here is hoping you and your beloved are enjoying a perfectly enchanting Christmas season! Stay warm and cozy! xoxo