Monday, December 19, 2022

CHRISTMAS AT THE CONDO-DOWN GINGERBREAD WAY

  I started out with one little gingerbread sign.

Yep!  After that--well, 

you know how crazy it can get

when you love something.

Loving my kitchen this year

with gingerbread and snowmen.

I think they kind of go together, don't you?

We partially remodeled the kitchen 

when we moved in.

Due to Covid 

(we moved the day of the lock down)

one part of the kitchen did not get finished-

I hope to get the rest of the built-ins done this coming year.

However,

I love what I have!

A little gingerbread tree

with a VW bug and travel trailer

and one of my Gingerbread dolls.

Notice the little black Cockapoo ornament

that my friend, Kris-JunkChicCottage

sent to me.






To the side is this sweet Mary Engelbreit picture

and a snowman that is lit day and night.

                 

On the wall where the built ins 

will eventually go

is a little coffee & cocoa station

complete with a gnome sitting on his butt

to guard the cups on the tiered cup holder.


Next to that is a bookshelf

that holds a couple of travel trailers.

The gypsy in me wants to pack and go

but reality keeps me grounded

so I live vicariously and pretend

I can shrink down to toy travel trailer size.

(If I keep eating Christmas goodies, 

I will be looking for a semi to haul me around).



On top of the fridge is another cookie jar

camper and behind it is a picture my grandson

painted for my birthday--a perfect 'sky' backdrop.


There is a round table in the dinette

that has a gingerbread theme.

This faces our condo porch and front courtyard.

I saw this tablecloth on Liz's blog

Home & Gardening With Liz

and ordered one.

Click the link above to see Liz's beautiful

home and her gardens are spectacular.

Anyway-The tablecloth?

I love it! Polyester and wrinkle free!




On the kitchen wall to the side of the table

is a large mirror surrounded by

Christmas paintings and cross stitch pieces.

I did the two Santa folk art paintings years ago.

My daughter did the large cross stitch for me

while she was in college.

The small one was a gift from my 

wonderfully talented friend, 

Neadeen Masters.

She is the most talented artist

I have ever known.

She is now doing miniatures

and if you want to see some 

amazing talent

click here.

Pictures of the pictures are not the best

but it is what it is.





By the door going to the laundry room

is this sweet Santa head from my son & his wife.


So-not wanting to bore you further,

I will save the pictures of the dining room

and odds and ends of Christmas for

another day.

Here is someone else that loves a 

GINGERBREAD TOY...

sent by my friend, Kris.

He will bump that against me about 

100 times per hour so that I will throw it 

for him.

If I don't react fast enough he will

run his teeth, nip,nip,nip, against

my leg.

I am thinking of sending him to visit Kris 

and taking his Gingerbread boy with him.

After all, 

What are friends for?!


Back soon with a Christmas wrap up!


 




your photo name

33 comments:

Sandi said...

So lovely!

The Starbuck's ornaments made me smile.

Did a double-take with Old St. Nick, though. It's a bird! Oh ok. Thought he was taking aim! 😳😃😀😄

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see.
I like the tablecloth, it hangs beautifully.

Have a good week.

All the best Jan

Chatty Crone said...

In the first couple of photos, you have the cutest gingerbread girl with the cutest eyes.
Then your little pups - does he have barrettes in his hair?
You have very lovely decorations!
Merry Christmas.

Hootin Anni said...

Nice play on words "Christmas WRAP up". Your home is soooo festive and fun!! In every corner

Debby said...

It’s all so pretty and put together well. You have a gift.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Bored? BORED? REALLY? You have no idea how much fun I have had looking back and forth! I have no talent for decorating, but love it. So I use ideas from others. You did great, and I even saved a photo! I can't wait for the rest, post it next, and SOON! I love how you matched your centerpiece with the tablecloth! And putting the touch of greenery beside the house. And you painted the two Santa paintings, freehand?? You have so much talent!! You could sell your paintings! They are amazing. I love the kitchen theme of the tree, too.

Ann said...

Wow, your kitchen looks awesome. I love all your decorations. I could never get bored looking at Christmas decorations.

This N That said...

I had to laugh at the Starbucks ornament..Perfect!!
Very festive as well as interesting..Thanks for sharing..
I hope you get your kitchen finished and that you can still match everything..Might not be a bad idea to order stuff??
Love the cookie jar camper..
The house on the table looks like it belongs to the tablecloth..
In the Santa painting..He looks like he is holding a gun..LOL
Love the Santa head..
Everything looks great!!! xxoo

happyone said...

Wow everything is so nice. Looks beautiful.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I love all the cute decor in your kitchen! The little travel trailer ones are really cute! And the one with the doggie is really sweet! Gosh, I love it all! Please keep sharing with us! This is fun!!! Merry Christmas!!

Terri D said...

Oh, my gosh, Diana! Everything is so beautiful!! You do have a flare for decorating!! Just wow! Can't wait to see the rest!! xo

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You've got some wonderful themed collections there! And of course I noticed the gnome guarding the coffee cups. That will keep him out of mischief!

Billie Jo said...

I could not love this more, my friend! So many lovely decorations! Thank you for sharing!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, your kitchen is all decked out with whimsical decorations, Diana. That's my favorite kind. And Mary Engelbreit! I just found out that Jess got me the calendar for Christmas! I like that Santa head your son gave you. And gingerbread always makes me smile at Christmastime. I think my favorite was that little gnome on top of your coffee holder. Those tree coffee cups are so cute. Oh, and I can't forget the Starbuck's ornaments. Aren't those delightful? I have the same one. Thanks for sharing with us a little Christmas around your house. I think bloggers love to see our homes. For some reason, I remember your little gingerbread doll. Maybe you posted it before? It's darling.

Merry Christmas to you, dear friend.

~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

ps.....the Santa folk art paintings are awesome! You have such a talent with that. : )

MadSnapper said...

Absolutely perfect! You have a gift for decorating. Everything is absolutely beautiful

Donna said...

I'm Loving all your decorations! So many pretties...and your adorable pup! Beautiful!
hughugs
Donna

Anonymous said...

Everything is beautiful, Diana❤️
Sylvia

Kim said...

Your place looks just darling, Diana. I love every inch of your Gingerbread kitchen. The campers are the sweetest, but that pup ornament is the best. Kris always finds the best things...looks like Scruffy agrees!! Merry Christmas!!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Love, love, love your gingerbread and snowman theme. Such cute ornaments. Kris sent such fun gifts for Scruffy. The campers are so you and look so darn cute. The gnome guarding the coffee station is adorable. So many fun vignettes. You would miss Scruffy if he visited Kris. xoxo

Junkchiccottage said...

LOL so happy Scruffy loves his new gingerbread toy. If you send him my way you will never get him back! Just Sayin!!!! Love the campers they are all so cute. Looking so festive over at your house. Have a good week. xoxo Kris

Janie Junebug said...

Of course snowmen and gingerbread go together. Snowmen love to eat warm gingerbread. It literally melts their mouths a little, but they're willing to take the risk. Thanks to you, I'm following Liz's blog now. I love to look at all the beautiful decorations.

Love,
Janie

Brenda Pruitt said...

That dog is so adorable, and how kind of Kris to send those things to you. You draw people to you like a magnet, you know. And you always manage to make me laugh. Thank you for that!
Brenda

Polly said...

Your decorations are wonderful Diana. Good to see Scruffy getting into the festive mood :-)

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Love the decor Diana. Thanks for the shoutout! Love the gingerbread house on the tablecloth! That camper with the sky background is cute!
Merry Christmas Diana!

The Happy Whisk said...

I love the gingerbread and I love snowmen. So fun. LOOOOVE also the cafe cups on the tree. OMG. OMG. So fun.

Linda said...

I LOVE every single photo!!! That Christmas tablecloth?? Oh MY!!!!!

Lorrie said...

So many cute and whimsical ornaments and decorations, Diana! There's a lot of personality in your kitchen.

Bless said...

Love the gingerbread theme and the kitchen utensils hanging from the tree!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

So fun to see your gingerbread/snowman theme, Diana!

Carla from The River said...

Merry Christmas!! I love your theme. I am coming over to try the hot cocoa bar. :-)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely and fun display. Wishing you and yours a Blessed and Merry Christmas. May 2023 bring you happiness and good health. God Bless.
Joan,Marion and Marilyn

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

Absolutely charming, Diana! Of course, my favorite is the cockapoo ornament! Hope you are having a great Christmas!