Sunday, April 17, 2011

SweetCheeks Believes That God Is THE BOSS

It started innocently enough.
Just a simple request.
SweetCheeks...
Time to quit playing now.
Time to go get your
little red shoes on.
Mama wants you
to get ready to go now.
Who knew?
Who knew that a
four year old
knew how to argue
with so much
insight?

Yohu arhe nott
THE BOSS ohff me..
GOD is the
boss ohff me!

 
WH-AT?
What did you say?
(repeat above phrase to yourself
Yohu arhe nott the boss ohff me
God is the boss ohff me)

Well, I'm your MOM
and God
MADE ME
your boss!

Noh Hee din't!!
GOD is youhr boss
and God is MY boss
but youh is
NOT my boss
cuz
GOD SAYS
Hee's the Boss!

Really?
uh-huh...
An' God is Lulu's
boss and Ria's boss..
and
God says I ahm
their boss too.

Really?
uh-huh...

Well, little Sister,
God has been
talking to ME
and HE says that
I am YOUR MOM
and I am YOUR BOSS..
Now go find your shoes
and LET'S GO.

OH-KAY!
But God is
STILL MY BOSS
but I gonna do
it cuz yohu arhe
MY MOM
and as
SweetCheeks is
walking away..
very quietly,
under her breath
you hear..
but yohu is
not MY boss..
God is!

Sounds right to me!
Amen, Sister..
Your MOM
SOOOOO
deserves a child like you!
Payback is a wonderful,
wonderful thing.
your photo name

18 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

You are a hoot. Yes payback will be divine!

Tete said...

LOL- I am so in trouble! My grandkids are going to be so rotten! And I'm going to love my payback time.
I just hope they are angels here and rotten at home.
I just took my first real walk- down to the neighbors car and back- about a halp block total- without my chair- it hurt and felt good all at the same time.
Got to start somewhere- Tete

Anonymous said...

Those eye's say it all.

xx

Pam Kessler said...

You can't argue with God. If he told her he's her boss, then so be it!

Simple Home said...

I'm thinking that Sweetcheeks is alot like her mommy :-) I've always said that I have 3 compliant children and 3 defiant ones...I'll let you guess who's who. I have always said that I hope they get a couple of kids "just like them." :-)

I think my mom is still laughing though, because I got a few "just like me"!
Blessings,
Marcia

Debbiedoos said...

Now seriously how could you argue with such logic? LOL!

Gypsea Nurse said...

I am laughing away here! This is classic... WhenI was pregnant with my first (mind you..I only wanted 4 boys...then maybe a girl last!) I was so excited I was pregnant until i was given my due date...MY BDAY! I swore from that moment on..it was a girl..girl..girl..my mothers hex was going to come true..I was hysterical in the OBGYN.
9 months..everyone said.."Oh..it's a boy!" NOPE.
GIRL.
100% DIVA!!!!!
I got it back ten fold!
Smiles~
Cat

Kathy@ Gone North said...

There is that pouty face again...
Got to wonder....??? Does she think if she uses that face, she will get her way??? : )
Have a neice who uses that face... & it usually works for her.. : )

Tete said...

Diana- I think I fixed it- is my email showing up now or am I still at a noreply?

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

That is so cute Diana! I love the part about payback, I am thinking my daughter should get a little payback someday too! LOL.
Thanks for all your support too!
Hugs,
Cindy

Patty Patterson said...

*LOL* Paybacks, huh? I really REALLY thought that part was funny!

And - Sweet Cheeks finally relented because she knows that God says, Children obey your parents in the Lord for this is right! :-)

Jettie said...

Paybacks are funny..... only to the grandparents.
I look at my granddaughter and know that her mom is wondering how she managed to get a kid like that. And the grandson, same daughter, is his dad made over.

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

What a sweet pea!!! That made me laugh!!! Children do say the funniest things, don't they?!! My mum says that the children with strong wills make fantastic adults!! I try to remember that with my four!

Sarahx

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Those faces are just precious!!!

michelle said...

Oh my goodness this is the best, especially the last part! I can't tell you how many times my mom has told me about paybacks! :) She is so adorable and makes a good point. ;)

Heaven's Walk said...

LOLOL! Does she have a little of Nana in her.....???? lolol!

xoxoxoxo laurie

Donna said...

Sounds like Sweetcheeks is just too smart for her own good! Let me guess, she is the carbon copy of her mom when she was little???

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

Diana, Sweet Cheeks is amazing...smart and
funny...

Jane
Flora Doora