Monday, February 20, 2023

THERE'S MORE THAN ONE DUMMY IN THIS FAMILY!!!!! Make Me Laugh Monday

 There’s a dummy in the house.

 Not the usual one either.

 Only at MY house would there be a real live dummy! 

(well, he’s not really alive but you know what I mean)

This is a story from some time ago

so bear with me.



 Mortimer Snerd 

was found at Goodwill by none other than the Tpot and Mimi.

 Not to be outdone by their brother, 

MamasBoy, who had always 

played tricks on them, 

the two sisters 

decided that pay-back 

was in order.


The first call woke him  up late at night. 
When Mamasboy answered a voice rasped,
 "Let me out of this box!" 

Being a quick thinker, 
even in the dead of night, 
Mamasboy looked at the number 
and it was not one he recognized. 

He hit redial and a sleepy voice answered...
"Yeah..whaddaya want?" 
He apologized, said he had a wrong number, and hung up.

 Little did he know that for the next few weeks 
he would be plagued by phone calls from strange numbers,
and have even stranger remarks 
rasped into his phone.
 
AND Little did he know that his sisters 
had cajoled other people into letting them use their phone 
at any given moment to make a call.

First MamasBoy called Mimi, 
"Knock it off"he told her. 
"Knock what off?" she asked quite innocently..."

Yeah...like you don’t know-quit calling me". 
"I’m not" she replied very seriously. 

Then he called Tpot-
Very funny!" he told her. 
"What’s funny?" she asked. 
You know what’s funny," he told her, 
"and quit calling me".
"I’m NOT calling you", she said
 and asked what he was talking about.

The calls got more and more desperate 
and the raspy voice got louder- 
"LET ME OUTTA THIS STINKING BOX- I CAN’T BREATHE".

 Now MamasBoy worked with police departments at the time,
 so he did a little follow up on the phone calls.
 Nothing made any sense and 
he still couldn’t figure it out. 

He even called me to ask if I 
was in on the joke...
I played dumb 
and let me tell you-
I am so good at that you would think it was real-
 hey-watch your mouth-I heard that...
I told him I had no idea what was going on.

Finally, when he was to the point of 
being totally freaked out, 
a box arrived at his door. 
I think he was afraid to open it-
although he swore he wasn’t. 
Inside was a note that said- 
GOT YOU DUMMY! 
And so they had!


Here’s the sad thing-
He learned to throw his voice and make the stupid thing talk. 
You know what was even worse? 
He bought another one 
at a garage sale and now 
Mortimer has a friend, William.
 
Here’s what’s even sadder-he used them to scare Tpot’s kids when they were little.


Like I said--there is more than
ONE DUMMY 
in this family!
You know- like
Dumb and Dumber!

So, there you have it-
your laugh for the day
and a memory recorded here
for future generations....


your photo name

32 comments:

Donna said...

Omggg!! Lolol
Those dolls creep me out!
But I'll bet he was much relieved knowing it was just a prank!
hugs
Donna

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That was a fun story. Thanks for sharing your dummies. I always enjoyed seeing one. Ha Ha ! Happy Monday!

Ann said...

LOL, what a great prank.

Lynne said...

Being Presidents Day
I didn’t know what to think,
you had me interested at first sight of your post.
Fun it was, days of wonder for “mommasboy!”
My son Scott loves playing with his dummies!”

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds like MamasBoy got the ULTIMATE REVENGE, lol!

Kim said...

That's so funny! I love a family that can joke around! When I was little, 8 or 9, I asked Santa for a Charlie McCarthy doll. I think I played with it for a few weeks and then tossed it in the toybox. Looking back it's creepy...I don't know why I wanted it in the first place. Haha.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Thanks for the chuckles, dear Diana. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Is there ever a dull moment in your household!? Woo hooo….
I love it!

jack69 said...

I have never had a joke carried this far!!!! LOL Now Ventriloquism? I love it. I haven't heard or read the name 'Mortimer Snerd' in years, the name itself brought a smile. Thanks for the story.

'throwing your voice' as my dad called it, is definitely an attention getter.
Love from NC
Sherry & jack smiling a little today.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my goodness! You know, I remember this dummy! I am thinking of who the ventriloquist was, maybe Charlie McCarthy?

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Great post for a good laugh Diana. Never a dull moment in your household. Happy new week! xoxo

Junkchiccottage said...

Ha Ha. Those dummy's freak me out. Have a good start to the new week. Hugs. Kris

Rita C at Panoply said...

That's hilarious. The ultimate payback was him using the dolls to scare his sisters' kids!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Hilarious narrative and very creepy, what should I call them, dolls?
Brenda

Anonymous said...

I think that’s awesome. I’d love to be able to do that BUT on stage.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Diana, thanks for the laugh today. Enjoy your day and the week.

Tom said...

...I remember Charley McCarthy, Mortimer Snerd and Edgar Bergen.

This N That said...

You are quite the story teller...I guess I knew that...Funny..Thanks for the laugh..Happy Presidents Day..

Bill said...

LOL, thanks for the laughs, Diana.

Mevely317 said...

That's so funny! Love that sort of innocent humor.

bobbie said...

Such a great prank!! TFS ~

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

Too funny! I can just imagine how freaked out he was! Great prank! Hugs!

Bless said...

Your family knows how to have fun! :D

Carla from The River said...

Oh my.. those dolls freak me out.

Oh Goodness you are fun my dear friend.

Chatty Crone said...

Something about those dolls scare me. Loved your story telling though.

Theresa said...

HAHAHAHA that gave me a good laugh! They are kinda spooky:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Pam said...

haha....so much fun. Ilove families like that.

Cecilia said...

I’d have nightmares…those are plain creepy! Funny story though.

SImple and Serene Living said...

That is a hilarious story. Glad my family is not the only nutty one. xo Laura

Jeanie said...

I needed a laugh on this icy day and you nailed it! Oh, that's the funniest ever! What a prank --and payback, too!

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

Hahaha! That's a good one. Hopefully there won't be a third dummy - sounds like Tpot's kids may want some revenge!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

What a funny story, old time pranks were sure a lot of fun! I remember as a kid we would call people we knew and play phone pranks on them. Now I can't even remember what the pranks were! You've reminded me of a memory I'd forgotten before caller IDs arrived, and no more of that nonsense! Blessings to you Diana :)