Tuesday, December 18, 2012

They Are Home- Safely Home~


I got this from
T'WAS 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38,
When 20 beautiful children, 
Stormed through Heaven's gate.
Their smiles were contagious, 
Their laughter filled the air,
They could hardly believe 
All the beauty they saw there.
They were filled with such joy, 
They didn't know  what to say.
They remembered nothing of what 
had happened  earlier that day.
"Where are we?" asked a little girl, 
As quiet as a mouse.
"This is heaven." declared a small boy.
"We're spending Christmas at God's house."
Then what to their wondering eyes did appear,
But Jesus, their Saviour, 
The children gathered  near.
He looked at them and smiled, 
And they smiled  just the same,
Then He opened His arms and 
He called them by name.
And in that moment was joy, 
That only Heaven can bring,
Those children all flew into
The arms of their King.
And as they lingered, 
In the warmth of His embrace,
One small girl turned 
and looked at Jesus' face.
And as if He could read 
all the questions she had
He gently whispered to her, 
"I'll take care of mom and dad."
Then He looked down on earth, 
The world far  below
He saw all of the hurt, 
The sorrow, and woe.
Then He closed His eyes and 
He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence 
re-enter this land!"
"May this country be delivered 
from the hands of fools"
"I'm taking back my nation. 
I'm taking back my schools!"
Then He and the children 
stood up without a sound.
"Come now my children, 
Let me show you around."
Excitement filled the space, 
Some skipped and some ran,
all displaying enthusiasm 
that only a small child can.
And I heard Him proclaim 
as He walked out of  sight,
"In the midst of this darkness, 
I AM STILL THE LIGHT."
your photo name

23 comments:

Nancy @ The Headmistress said...

I saw this, too, and shared it via e-mail with friends. Just so tender and touching. Thank you for posting it.
Nancy

Charlene said...

How very very sweet & comforting to look at this tragic nightmare with this attitude. Thank you for sharing & I hope this helps take some of the hurt out of the hearts of so many. Merry Christmas.
Charlene

Red Rose Alley said...

So beautiful, Diana. And now I'm in tears, as these words are warm and comforting. His light will always be with us.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Charlene said...

May I share this & link back to you? I hope that it will bring comfort to others as it did to me. HUGS!
Charlene

Pam Kessler said...

I read that on Facebook yesterday and bawled my eyes out. Thanks for sharing today.

NanaNor's said...

Hi Diana, Oh what a powerful poem-I even got chills as I read it. Thank you so much for sharing this bit of hope and peace.
Hugs,Noreen

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Diana this is so beautiful!! When my son came home from school yesterday, he was so sad. He learned that his teacher lost her SIL that day. She was a teacher in Sandy Hook Elem.

Connie in Hartwood said...

A dear neighbor of ours is a retired elementary school librarian, with 30 years of service in the education of children. He passed along a piece to me that gives the picture of a whole herd of happy children storming the gates of heaven ... a lot like regular children behave when they see a playground. These sweet babies are angels now, we have to remember that.

Beth said...

Comforting words. thank you Diana.

Beth said...

Comforting words. thank you Diana.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Thank you for sharing this, Diana. Such anointed words.

Debby said...

Oh Diana, this is so beautiful. I don't have words to say anymore. I posted a worship song that I dearly love.

andrea@townandprairie said...

You've got me sobbing, but that's ok.

School was terrible today. All the crazies are saying that the world will end on 12/21 anyway so let's just blow it all up. Lots of rumors going around our school...we were told "investigated and unsubstantiated." Bunch of my students not coming to school on Friday now. Don't blame them. One local school today supposedly on lockdown this afternoon for same threats. Cop outside my kids' school today when I picked them up. No one knows what it's like to be a teacher unless you're teaching.

Not trying to be fearful, but there are people who get their digs on turning the world upside down. Never under-estimate them.

So upset they scared those people out of their church services on Sunday in CT. People can't even grieve in the comfort of their church.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Thanks for sharing this, Diana...as I sit in a house full of grandchildren...this beautiful message made me cry, too! XO

Romeo said...

WOW! This is very powerful and despite all the horror and tears, sadness and grief, you remind us that they are Home and this is good. Thank you.

"her"

joanne said...

I thought I had cried a river of tears until I read this and realized that I could not only cry tears of sadness but of comfort and peace. Blessings to you.

Debby said...

This drawing a words were a light bulb moment for me when I saw it on facebook over the weekend. I felt Gods calming arms around me. Thanks for sharing

Susan Shull said...

What a wonderful reminder that God is in charge and Jesus is the Light of the world!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I saw this on another blog, printed it out and cried! I LOVE IT!
deb

tlcukjourney said...

I saw this on Facebook.
I read it to my 10 year old and 7 year old. I could barely read it without crying!

Joan J said...

I have to thank you for posting this. My grandson is 6, and I was having a very tough time grasping the tragedy that happened to those sweet children the same age as he. This poem gave me great comfort when nothing else had. My heart still breaks, but when I read the poem I can feel the joy and the lightness it contains. I needed that. Thank you.

Lucille said...

Very comforting, Diana! Thank you for sharing this!

Annesphamily said...

Tete is such a darling! I think she is our triplet sister too! In all this sadness it is the one thought I know to be true. These 26 souls went directly into the hands of Our Lord . It is the only comfort I would have had I lost a child or other loved one in such a horribly violent way. God Bless You for posting this too. Love and Blessings Annie