Friday, August 21, 2026

FRIDAY THIS AND THAT-51 YEARS AND COUNTING

 There was so much going on

that I forgot to

post about our
Anniversary~

August 17th.

Here we are-
FIFTY ONE YEARS AGO!
It was a hot August day
in 1975.
Yes...yes...she wore flowers in her hair....
We lost most of our pictures
when our basement flooded many years ago.
I have a few~


When did I get wrinkles
and when did he lose his hair?
-sigh-

When anyone asks how
long we have been married
we respond in unison
51 YEARS...
Well, I say it immediately..
The old boy can never remember
exactly how long we have
been married.

He says- Seems like yesterday.
I say- Seems like forever.
The straightman
and the
joker.
We make quite a pair.

It has not been an easy
51 years, despite what it
may look like from the outside.
We both came out of broken
relationships....
and probably should have gotten
to really know each other
BEFORE we got married.

We dated 30 days before
we said
I DO
under an old oak tree
in
Alva, Florida.

There were lots of ups and downs
over the years.
Some easy to accept,
others much harder to deal with.

BUT-
If WE can do this-
If WE can hang in there for the long haul,
then I believe that if
two people really
WANT TO
make a relationship work...
they can...
and will...
and maybe they should.

Take a look at your partner
today...a really hard look...
and think about your
life without them.
Marriage is not always easy,
but no one ever promised us
that it would be.

I only have one piece of
advice for you....
Keep your sense of humor.
Why?
Because you are going to
NEED IT!
......Trust me on this......
your photo name

10 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Testing

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Happy Blessed Anniversary dear Diana!! Better late than never!! I am so happy for you to be celebrating this milestone. I know things have been difficult for you both lately, so I pray that God will give you both more grace and more love and more time to enjoy one another and the life He has given you. I love the pictures of you!! You were a beautiful bride, and you still are!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the photos! Happy Anniversary! Here’s to many more! And lots of adventures in your new cottage!
Xo vivian

Cecilia said...

Happy anniversary! Great pictures. Glad you were able to find a few. You’re right, marriage requires work but it is worth it. And a sense of humor is definitely a good thing to have!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your Anniversary, Diana.
I pray you have many more, my friend! Sylvia Cannon

Tom said...

...how the years fly by, we celebrated our 58th anniversary on August 3rd. And I had hair back then too! Be well and happy!!!

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

A sense of humor indeed! That is the best advice! What a beautiful bride you were and still beautiful to this day! Happy Anniversary! xoxo Dolly

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you and John💗. Hope you two wonderful people have more good times and abounding love in the years to come. Yes, marriage takes a sense of humor, I am with you there😊

Karen Carvenough said...

I was anonymous above😁

Anonymous said...

Happy 51 years Diana! Love the pictures and I can imagine the basement flood took some beautiful memories. It takes hard work to stay together and love one another through the tough things. God's goodness and grace and yes, a sense of humor! Blessings to you!