Saturday, March 16, 2024

ST PATRICK'S DAY CAKE- SORRY IT'S SO LATE!!!!!!

 March is half over already!!

How can that be?
AND SUNDAY 
is 
ST. PATRICK'S DAY!


Even all you
NON-IRISH
pretend to be
 Irish  
just for a day.

Well, except for a few of you
English that wouldn't
lower yourselves to do so.
You know who you are,
but being the
loving people we are,
we forgive ya,
and God Bless ya,
all the way to the
Blarney Stone and back.

I grew up in a small
Irish Community in Pennsylvania.
I believed in leprechauns
until I was at least 12...
well...maybe older...
hmm..matter of fact I'm
pretty sure I might
STILL BELIEVE
in them.

So, today I am going to
give you a little recipe.
You have a 
ONE DAY
get your butt to the store
for the ingredients so
you can make it for your family.
And your family will lay down
in your path and let you walk on
them after eating this.

Ready?
Now please don't be asking me
where I got this recipe because
the truth is
I don't remember.
So, if anyone has the source for it
I will be glad to give credit.
I THINK it came out of a
Taste of Home magazine but
I'm not betting my 
IRISH CHINA
on that fact.
Crème de Mint Cake
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
2 teaspoons mint extract
12 drops green food color
2 jars (16 oz each) hot fudge topping (i only used one 16oz. jar last time and it was really good, too).
1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
Thin rectangular crème de menthe chocolate candies, unwrapped and cut into pieces, if desired
Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
Make cake batter as directed on box, adding 1 1/2 teaspoons of the mint extract with the water. Reserve 1 cup batter. Stir 3 drops of the green food color into reserved batter; set aside. Pour remaining batter into pan.
Drop green batter by generous tablespoonfuls randomly in 12 to 14 mounds onto batter in pan. Cut through batters with metal spatula or knife in S-shaped curves in one continuous motion. Turn pan one-fourth turn; repeat cutting for swirled design.
Bake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
Carefully spread fudge topping evenly over cake. In medium bowl, stir whipped topping, remaining 1/2 teaspoon mint extract &  remaining 9 drops green food color. Spread whipped topping mixture evenly over fudge. Garnish with candy pieces. Store covered in refrigerator.
Now, I will tell you that being
St. Paddy's Day
 all the calories
 have all been removed
so you can enjoy every bite.
( Removing those calories
is an Irish trick that I promised not to tell)
I'll be serving it to
The Fam here in the Heartland.
Let's hope one of the grandkids doesn't
eat all the Andes Mints beforehand
because if they are gone
YOU KNOW
they will blame it on
THIS ONE.
Have a wonderful day as you prepare yourself
for all the
IRISH DRUNKS
that will be running amuck on
Sunday.
I won't be one of them because I don't drink
GREEN BEER.
I will be the one sitting in the corner
taking pictures for 
BLACKMAIL PURPOSES-----
and that's all I'm gonna be 
saying about that!
your photo name

30 comments:

Susan Kane said...

We are attending an Irish Murder Mystery program at our community's Club House. I am looking forward to NOT making a St. Pat's Day meal. That cake looks awesome.

jack69 said...

What a fun read and the cake is beautiful, but I won't be baking the cake. But I do like things Irish. Visiting Ireland is still on my list but time is passing and the vision is dimming. LOL Anyway, as I said a visit at your home is always a 'smiler'... Love ya and a good Irish blessing on your own self...

Ginny Hartzler said...

Awesome looking cake! So good to see you!! I hope you are doing well.

Cheryl Kimbley said...

I still believe!!!!!
The cake sounds scrumptious!!!! Thank you.
Have a fun day!

Sandi said...

I made brownies like this once. Mint, they said. A few drops. It may have been peppermint. Sigh. No one will let me forget my toothpaste brownies!

Latane Barton said...

That was an adorable post. So, I wish you a very happy St. Patty's Day. Come to think of it... I may watch a video I took of my and Marie's trip to Ireland in 1996... just to hear the brogue, the music and feel Irish although I can't lay claim to but maybe one drop of Irish blood in me veins!!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It looks delicious! Enjoy your celebration tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

That looks so good. My son’s birthday is on the 17th. Hope you and John are well.

NanaDiana said...

TESTING

Cecilia said...

Yum, yum! As long as all the calories disappear, I will enjoy it. lol. Then again, maybe it doesn’t work for non Irish.
��Cecilia

happyone said...

That cake not only looks delicious it is pretty too.

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks for sharing this recipe.
Have a wonderful day.

All the best Jan

Mevely317 said...

You've got my mouth watering! Because I'm decoration-ally challenged, if I were to make this, I'd probably opt to eat the ingredients with a spoon, right out of the mixing bowl.

Instead, I'm opting to visit Publix tomorrow morning and get my complimentary birthday bar cake. Win, win!

Kim said...

Looks good, Diana!! I'm not even a teeny bit Irish, but green is my favorite color...and I definitely believe in leprechauns. I mean who else would make my kitchen such a mess in the hours after I go to bed? It certainly couldn't be my darling, super well behaved children. Must be leprechauns! 😉 I hope you have a fabulous day and eat lots of cake!!

Rita C at Panoply said...

That cake looks awesome. If I were a super mom or sister-in-law I might make that for adults daughter or brother-in-law who each have a birthday this week. However, I doubt I'll do that, lol. I was out and about with my girls yesterday where everyone was running amuck. It was a green chili cook-off, topped with green beer. 🤢 Happy St. Patrick's Day, from one Irish lass to another!🍀💚

Donna said...

Thanks for the recipe!!
Hope you have a wonderful and fun Day!
hugs
Donna

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Such a darling recipe and cake. It looks delicious and so perfect for St. Patrick’s day. Easy peasy is so much fun. I am happy to make this for my family. Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful day with your family. Happy St. Patrick’s day. Xoxo

Junkchiccottage said...

Yum and pretty. Love a cake that looks too pretty to eat and then you eat it and it was so worth it lol! I just did an ancestry kit and found out I am 45% Irish. Who knew!!!! I can celebrate ligit now! Have a good St. Paddy's Day. Hugs. Kris

Jeanie said...

It sounds terrific, no matter what the holiday!

Happy St. Pat's!

Chatty Crone said...

The cake is beautiful - I made a copy. I have a friend who would love this.
Happy St. Pat's Day!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

This sounds and looks so good! I've always liked creme de menthe chocolates too! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Red Rose Alley said...

The creme de mint cake looks so Yummy, Diana. So moist with an amazing whipped topping. Andes Mints are a favorite of mine. I'm sure your family will enjoy it thoroughly.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to my Irish friend. ; )

~Sheri

Ann said...

Someone gave me a recipe years ago for a creme de menthe cake but it didn't use a cake mix. This one sounds easier and I like easy. It sure does look tasty.
Happy St. Patricks Day to you. I won't be drinking any green beer today either. I don't even like regular colored beer.

Anonymous said...

Hope you’re having a wonderful St Pattys day!!! The cake looks scrumptious !!! (I don’t bake anymore -darn!)
Blessings,
Gert

This N That said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day. I hope you are enjoying it. The cake is yummy. I made it years ago. Very light. Now there's only me to eat it.. I'm not gonna make it because I would have to eat it all ...lol
I hope you have a wonderful week. Hugs

Creations By Cindy said...

The cake looks yummy and thanks for sharing the recipe. I hope that you are doing well friend. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Terri D said...

Hope your day has been full of green, no pinches, and that good luck will find you throughout the coming year! The cake looks and sounds delish!!

Anonymous said...

Thank You for the recipe. Wishing you and yours a blessed and happy St.Patrick's Day
Joan,Marion and Marilyn

Bless said...

Yum! What a delicious looking cake! Not making it this year, but, will keep the recipe handy for next year!
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Chocolate, mint, and vanilla cake - what a happy union! The recipe looks so very yummy! I hope you had a blessed and special St. Patrick's Day!