Wednesday, March 16, 2022

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY -BAKE A CAKE!

 March is half over already!!

How can that be?
AND 
tomorrow is 
ST. PATRICK'S DAY!


Even all you
NONE IRISH
pretend to be
 Irish  
just for a day.
Well, except for a few of you
English that wouldn't
lower yourselves to do so.
You know who you are,
but being the
loving people we are,
we forgive ya,
and God Bless ya,
all the way to the
Blarney Stone and back.

I grew up in a small
Irish Community in Pennsylvania.
I believed in leprechauns
until I was at least 12...
well...maybe older...
hmm..matter of fact I'm
pretty sure I might
STILL BELIEVE
in them.

So, today I am going to
give you a little recipe.
You have a 
a whole day
get your butt to the store
for the ingredients so
you can make it for your family.
Your family will lay down
in your path and let you walk on
them after eating this.

Ready?
Now please don't be asking me
where I got this recipe because
the truth is
I don't remember.
So, if anyone has the source for it
I will be glad to give credit.
I THINK it came out of a
Taste of Home magazine but
I'm not betting my 
IRISH CHINA
on that fact.
Crème de Mint Cake
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
2 teaspoons mint extract
12 drops green food color
2 jars (16 oz each) hot fudge topping
1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
Thin rectangular crème de menthe chocolate candies, unwrapped and cut into pieces, if desired
Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
Make cake batter as directed on box, adding 1 1/2 teaspoons of the mint extract with the water. Reserve 1 cup batter. Stir 3 drops of the green food color into reserved batter; set aside. Pour remaining batter into pan.
Drop green batter by generous tablespoonfuls randomly in 12 to 14 mounds onto batter in pan. Cut through batters with metal spatula or knife in S-shaped curves in one continuous motion. Turn pan one-fourth turn; repeat cutting for swirled design.
Bake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
Carefully spread fudge topping evenly over cake. In medium bowl, stir whipped topping, remaining 1/2 teaspoon mint extract &  remaining 9 drops green food color. Spread whipped topping mixture evenly over fudge. Garnish with candy pieces. Store covered in refrigerator.
Now, I will tell you that being
St. Paddy's Day
 all the calories
 have all been removed
so you can enjoy every bite.
( Removing those calories
is an Irish trick that I promised not to tell)
I'll be making it to serve
the hubby here in the Heartland.

Let's hope one of the grandkids doesn't visit and
eat all the Andes Mints beforehand
because if they are gone
YOU KNOW
they will blame it on
THIS ONE.
Have a wonderful day as you prepare yourself
for all the
IRISH DRUNKS
that will be running amuck tomorrow.

I won't be one of them because I don't drink
GREEN BEER.
I will be the one sitting in the corner
taking pictures for 
BLACKMAIL PURPOSES-----
and that's all I'm gonna be 
saying about that!

I know I have been gone a while.
I have been dealing with some 
inflammatory issues.  
I have not been able to do much of anything.
I am finally on some meds and praying
they kick in soon.
Bear with me as I find my way back to blogging.

Love to all of you from this Irish lass.
your photo name

45 comments:

Jeanie said...

Sounds delish, Diana! And it's good to see you here again!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

If that cake doesn't tickle our shamrocks, I don't know what will! I hope you feel better soon, ya wee leprechaun!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Diana, that cake looks so good and perfect for St. Patrick's Day and thanks for that cake recipe. Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

Mevely317 said...

Yum! That said, my 'birthday cake' will more closely resemble a shamrock cocktail. Saving this recipe for a time we've family/friends to share!

Wild Oak Designs said...

Soooo good to hear from you again!! I am sorry you are having problems....no fun at all. Hang in there....
Happy St. Patricks day!! We celebrate....even though we are not (well a tiny bit) Irish!
Hugs
Nancy

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Wow, that cake sounds good! I need to see if my family likes minty stuff. I've never made anything like that. It sure looks good enough to eat! LOL. I am sorry to hear that you are having some inflammatory issues. I hope you will feel better soon...maybe when spring gets here it will help? Meanwhile, let the little leprechauns do your work for you, okay? Have a blessed and peaceful St. Patty's day tomorrow.

Pam Kessler said...

You had me at 2 JARS of hot fudge!!!

Kathy said...

I would make this without the mint. I am not fond of mint. Otherwise it sounds good. Glad you are feeling better. Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Jenny the Pirate said...

And we have MISSED you dearly, and yes I AM Irish and WOW this recipe looks so delectable! I may make it, not tomorrow, but for Audrey's birthday next Tuesday. She has requested a key lime pie, which we will certainly do, but I think we need another green choice! It's sure to be a rollicking shebang, and without a single drop of rum! Haahaha so glad you're feeling better my friend ... xoxo

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your recipe looks out of this world! So can I know your diagnosis? And what you are taking?? I will pray about it!

jack69 said...

We enjoy every visit to your house sorry you are dealing with some nasty stuff, but pray it will all clear up. We moved to a different RV site today, it is becoming tiring to set up and hook up.
But you said: ......matter of fact I'm pretty sure I might
STILL BELIEVE in them......
I do too, I saw were one jumped just above, into your blog today!
Love from a stormy Florida
Sherry & jack

Red Rose Alley said...

Well, I just had some Andes mints, and they are my favorite. This Creme de Mint Cake looks amazing. I love anything mint. So sorry you're having inflammatory issues. That hurts. Hope you feel better, Diana. And Yes, I am one of the none Irish, pretend to be Irish haha. Such a wonderful heritage. My kids are all part Irish, so I pretend too. ; )

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

~Sheri

Tom said...

...half over, how can that be?

Donna said...

Oh my goodness! This recipe sounds wonderful! And here I thought a plain old banana pudding would do…Lolol, not hardly!
Copying the recipe!!
Hughugs
Donna

Carla from The River said...

Happy St. Paddy's to you.
And no wonder you live in GREEN Bay .. Ha Ha!

Thank you for the recipe.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Diana, sounds yummy. Hope your meds kick in soon and you feel better. I don't think there are enough meds in the world to cure what ails it, but we all can try..Happy St. Patty's Day..xxoJudy

Ann said...

Oh my that cake looks delicious. I think my Irish grandmother would approve of it.
Happy St. Patrick's day

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Awww you poor thing! I hope you feel better soon, Diana. Your cake looks so yummy! I’d love to try a slice or two. ☘️💚☘️

happyone said...

I'd sure like a piece of that cake!! Looks delicious.

bobbie said...

Good to see you, my friend! I don't care for sweets, so I'll pass on the cake. I hope those meds kick in instanter! Hugs ~

Terri D said...

Well, it is my bedtime so a little late to bake the cake but I think it would be good for any occasion! Thanks for the recipe! Wishing you a lovely St. Paddy's Day! xo

My Tata's Cottage said...

That cake sounds delightful. My husband is half Irish so we are all gearing up for our corn beef and cabbage tomorrow. Two of my American Girl dolls are wearing their Irish outfits. I pray for you and your sweetheart everynight and will continue to do so. Take care and I hope you get better soon. HUGS and LOVE to you and yours xo

Billie Jo said...

I was just thinking about you today! Thank you for sharing the delicious recipe! And I am glad you are finding some relief from the inflammation. Hugs!

Chatty Crone said...

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY - Sandie ♥

Vee said...

Oh that cake...my favorite flavors. So sorry that you have been dealing with not feeling so great. Praying that things improve quickly. Happy St. Pat's Day ☘️

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

Happy St Patrick's Day! That cake looks so delicious! Sounds like you are in for a very fun day and I'd like to be your sidekick! Have a great day I know you will! xo Dolly

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your cake sounds really good! I am sorry to hear about your health issues. I hope the meds work quickly! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Junkchiccottage said...

This looks and sounds delish. Happy St. Paddy's Day. xoxo

Cecilia said...

I was just thinking about you, my friend. Wondered where you'd gone. Hope you get to feeling better. The cake sounds yummy. My husband loves Andes mints so this would probably be a big hit. Take care. I'll be wearing my green so no pinches for me!
Hugs, Cecilia

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thanks for sharing that yummy recipe. I like the hot fudge topping ! I don't drink green beer either but I do wear green today ! Happy St. Patrick's Day !

MadSnapper said...

gorgeous cake. i am a blend of Scot/Irish so Happy St Patricks day!
May you always have Walls for the winds A roof for the rain Tea beside the fire Laughter to cheer you Those you love near you

This N That said...

Looks and sounds yummy dear Dianna..I won't be headed to the store though..I would have to eat the whole thing by myself and probably would..I'll have to settlle for just dreaming about it.. Glad you are on the mend..Happy St Patricks Day...Hugs

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day Diana. The cake looks wonderful. I do love your creme de menthes. Sorry I couldn't respond to your comment recently. Blogger comment notification emails sometimes disappear. I hope you are doing well. Put that awful pain at bay. xoxo

Lorrie said...

That does look like a scrumptious cake - for St. Patrick's day or any day. I'm sorry you've been dealing with health issues. No fun at all. It's always great when you post. Take good care.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

YUM!!... The cake I made ( and shared on FB) was ridiculous - delicious but in a way too sweet way, and such a pain in the Arse to put together. This is much more doable. Slainte! 🍀

Shari Burke said...

Happy St Patrick's Day! The parades are back this year--we watched from our windows.

I hope you feel better very soon!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Inflammation is my enemy too.
Brenda

Bless said...

That cake sounds delicious. Actually, I'll skip the cake and just have those chocolate mints! :D Sorry to hear you've not been too well; hope you feel better, soon.

living from glory to glory said...

Hope you start feeling better very soon! Cake looks scrumptious! Hugs

Far Ago Farm said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day Diana! Your cake such very delish and how wonderful it is calorie free, lol. Hope you are feeling 100% very soon!

Kim said...

There's not a drop of Irish in me, but I'll still eat your cake! YUM. I hope you had a great St. Patty's Day and are feeling much better! Always thinking about you...xo

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy St Patricks Day.
The cake looks tasty :)

Sending lots of healing wishes to you and hoping you feel better soon.

All the best Jan

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

Ooooh, that sounds delicious! I always loved those Andes mints. Hoping the meds bring you quick and complete relief.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Hi Di- sorry that I am a wee bit late in wishing you well on St. Pat's Day -
but it's never too late to tell a friend that certain cake recipes look totally delish! And thank our lucky leprechauns that they're kind enough to take all the calories out of the celebration. A half pint of Guinness is surely a day's worth of calories allowance. :-)

Many may not know that during the worst of the potato blight in Ireland the Guinness family provided ale to help stave off those dying of hunger. That's why they used to say "Guinness for Strength." They have since disallowed that phrase saying it is misleading, as ale is not considered a health food - but
seriously did fill the bellies up when needed. I have always loved learning that kind bit of sad but kind history.

SImple and Serene Living said...

Are you seriously trying to say that leprechauns aren't real? LOL xo Laura