Saturday, October 22, 2011

No Longer An Annie Sloan Paint Virgin- Darling Desk Project

Remember that big pile
I showed you that was in the garage?
and this?
Well, when we peeled away the
layers we found several things,
but one of the
BEST THINGS
we found is...
TA-DAH
A desk..
A child sized desk...
It was kind of a greenish/tan color.
This is without flash- a truer color
And a chair to pair.
We'll pair the chair.
The chair was in the air.
And full of despair.
(Feeling a bit Dr.Suessish here)
Don't mind the leaves that blew
in as we were in our
discovery mode.
We swept them all up before
we started.
(and before MyHero could get home
and whine about it)

My daughter wanted to try this
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
so she joined me in
THE GARAGE-
(hey-take your sunglasses off the top of
your head-there's no sun beating down here)
(You do remember the garage,
don't you? The one that does
NOT BELONG TO ME)
MyHero has claimed it as
his own personal space....
Seriously?!
Anyway- we washed everything
down with Crud Cutter..
(gotta love a name like
Crud Cutter-
I mean why don't they call
it Crap Cutter? Just askin')

Then we broke out
Annie Sloans 
white chalk paint
that we got from
Robyn Story Designs.
She has a beautiful blog if you
want to go take a peek...
AND she sells
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
It did take three coats to
get good coverage.
But look how sweet it is....
Then we waxed that little sucker
with AS Clear Wax.
The wax brush is amazing..

the best one I have ever used.
And then we
 distressed it a bit.
Just a bit-it is for the girl's room-
and Mom likes a clean look.
(shhhhhh-they don't know it yet)
And..the chair turned out pretty cute.

They're pretty cute together.
I think maybe they should get married.
And have a baby bunny...
Look how sweet....
I am making a new seat cushion
for it...pink toile with a pleated edge.
I will be back with pictures
when it is
IN PLACE.

Promise!
Now...wait till you see what
ELSE was lurking under
those covers!
Another post for another day....
your photo name

28 comments:

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a sweet desk and chair Diana! And I really want to see what else you have hiding in that garage!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Love the desk/chair re-do! I don't have patience for this stuff, good for you.

Connie in Hartwood said...

That looks like my garage!!

Seriously, you two did a great job. I love the pink toile!

Debbiedoos said...

YAY! So happy to see you use the paint. How darling and you two are quite the duo! Love it Diana..can't wait to see it's final resting place.

Anonymous said...

Hope the girls don't fight over the desk.It's awfully cute. I am sure they will love it . Can't wait to see what else you come up with. Smiles, Susie

sherry said...

i'm so glad you tried AS paint! it's wonderful, marvelous and incredible .. in my opinion. your desk and chair turned out lovely!!!

did you know you can paint most anything with AS paint? yep. even orange pumpkins. now there's a thought! :o)

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I love the seat of the chair Diana, so cute! I guess I'm the only one to not have tried the AS paint in blogland.LOL Great job on it!

Anonymous said...

what a transformation, I love it,, can't wait to see the reveal of the cushion,,

Unknown said...

What a perfect marriage in a lovely inviting color. I have not used this chalk paint ... does it wear well, better than regular paints? Not sure I understand the word chalk paint vs the regular paints.

Well, knowing you, that desk & chair will be beyond gorgeous when permanently placed & with finishing touches.
Have a beautiful weekend ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Tete said...

I know that was a pain to do, but it is so pretty! I love the chair you found for it. Love the holes in the seat! This will be the favorite thing this Christmas, for sure! Great job!

Janet said...

It turned out so pretty! Great job!
Blessings,
Janet

Craftberry Bush said...

Look at you Ms D...joining the big shots with the chalk paint...everything turned out great...and I love how you staged it with the hydrangeas and the old books.....love and love you...have a great weekend..! xo
Lu

Debby said...

I have wanted to try that paint. I love what you did. Where are you putting it.

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Great job! What an adorable set...the pink toile will make it over the top adorable. ; )
You are much braver than I...wouldn't dare show all the furniture to paint in my garage! And Magoo is so over it. ;(
Hope you got some rest last night!
~xo, Tina

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, so sweet! You did a fantastic job. Some little one is going to love it!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love how it turned out.
I also love what you did for Cindy and Ralph by posting a prayer reminder. Very kind.
Much love.

Donna said...

Wow, what a great transformation! I've been dying to try chalk paint, now you have convinced me. The girls will love their new desk & chair, and that pink & white toile will make the perfect cushion. Hope for your sake that you didn't get any paint drips on you-know-whose garage floor!!

Gina said...

Oh I love it! The chalk paint is great, isn't it? I'm going to be really jealous over the pink toile cushion though, I can tell already.

Patty said...

Cute! You could refurbish things and sell them in consignment shops. People who have your skills make tons of money doing that here.

debbie--http://refreshrestyle.com/ said...

I love your desk and chair! and I love chalk paint too!
Debbie

Heaven's Walk said...

First of all: Where in the world do you park your cars....??? Second: I had no idea that if a chair and a desk got married that they would produce a bunny. Interesting.... Third: Now that you're not a ASCP virgin anymore...there's NO going back. That I can attest to. Fourth: You did a great job! That set is just adorable! lol!

xoxo laurie

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

So nice to meet you Diana. I am now one of your many followers.
Been thinking about trying this paint myself but did not know if I would like it since it is expensive I wanted to make sure before I bought it. lol
Glad the desk and chair turned out really pretty for you.
Looking forward to getting to know you
Maggie

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Diana,
That turned out great! I have been a Annie Sloan hold out too...until today. I bought some, so I will have some great furniture redos coming up in the future!

Pamela said...

Oh i love this Diana!!! This paint is so amazing!!!
I just love love that pink toile too!!! I hardly ever see toile in pink. I cannot wait to see it done!! This is just too sweet!
Pamela xo

Gypsy Heart said...

Great job!! I'm anxious to see the pillow. I know it's going to look adorable wherever you place it.

xo
Pat

Unknown said...

I liked what you did with your desk. Also, that it's white.
I have never used the chalk paint, but just might have to give it a try. You have a very cute blog !

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

LOVE it Diana!
Can't wait to see what you tackle next!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh--this is purely amazing AND I love the fabric too!!! I knew whatever you created was going to be gorgeous--I just knew it!!!
Love,
Cindy