Monday, December 17, 2018

YOU STILL HAVE TIME TO DO THIS

I have posted this before 
but I have some new readers this year
so thought I would share it again.

I am still on break but will pop in with
two or three 
Christmas Ideas
you still have time to do.
I have done this post

a couple of times.

Several people said 

they had never seen anything like it.

I thought I would post before it

gets any later in the season--

in case you want make these for 

your own home.

I have been doing this since my

own kids were small.



You know how a front door says 

WELCOME

when you come in?

By the way-

Those sleigh bells are off the horses my 

father drove as a young man.

So -there's my 

Happy Hello!

BUT I like my door to say

GOOD-BYE

when someone leaves, too.

And I like to say it NICELY

Unlike some people that will say-

Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the 

way out.

How do I do that?

I let my visitors take a little memento

of their visit with them.

It is called 

Cut and Run Take

Here they are-

 my sweet little

GINGERBREAD BOYS

hanging in a row.

Here's how to make this

sweet little door hanging.

Roll out Saran Wrap about 2 feet longer 

than the side of your door.

Lay your Gingerbread Boys in a line 

on the center of the plastic wrap.

leaving about 4-6" between them.

You could also do this with any sturdy

cookie- like a sugar cookie cut 

like a snowflake or star.

Flip them upside down making sure that they

are still in the center

Pull the plastic wrap to the back

overlapping it so they are enclosed 

all the way around.

Gently flip them over and using ribbon

tie a knot above and below EACH one.

Hang some children's scissors on

some curly ribbon from the top

to cut the saran wrap.

When you cut them apart 

you will cut between the ribbons 

leaving each one fully encased

In plastic wrap.


Here I am making a cut between the ties.

You start with the bottom one and 

each person can cut off a gingerbread boy 

to take along when they leave.

I hang them on a nail

hidden on top of the door jamb.

shhhhh-MyHero hates nails anywhere

I dressed the top

with some greenery and red balls.

I love  Gingerbread Boys, don't you?

Sometimes I feel sorry for them though.

Poor things.
pinterest image

The one on the right hears about like 

MyHero does-especially when it comes

to trying to get a chore done!


Now- get in that kitchen and start baking!

As for me..

Well, I am trying not to BAKE

so that I don't EAT

Gingerbread Boys!


OH!  And these are really cute with
SNOWFLAKE CUTOUTS

instead of 

Gingerbread boys.


Have a Wonderful Week!!!!
your photo name

44 comments:

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

A clever idea!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I always enjoy your posts on this very unique Christmas idea!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Like you I always like to share a small gift with those who come to my house to visit. For years I've put out a small candle with a poem in a bag for others to take when they leave. But I do like your cleaver idea of the cut and take gingerbread men. I'm thinking this year might just be the time to make a change. Thanks so much for the great idea!

mxtodis123 said...

What a wonderful idea. I love it.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What fun! I think this is a brilliant idea...and of course it came from you! Holiday hugs!

Sylvia said...

I have always loved your idea, Diana, these are too cute!

Petie said...

What a cute idea...thxs for sharing

Pom Pom said...

I love this idea! Thank you, Queenie!

living from glory to glory said...

Very cute idea! I do hope you enjoy this Christmas Season! I would rather come to your house and cut and run with a gingerbread boy that you already made LOL
Merry Christmas...
Love, Roxy

Rain said...

That's a great idea Diana!!! They look so cute! Cut and run, ha ha, I love that!!! :)

Vee said...

So cute! Have you baked up your batch yet?

jack69 said...

Love that idea of 'cut and run'. Love the bells and the idea of early family horse bells. Neat.
Good one!
Sherry & jack

Chatty Crone said...

I was just thinking about this - I remember that from the last few years. I was trying to tell a friend, but now I will just send them your site. Hope you are resting.

Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan said...

May your home be filled with Christmas songs, cakes, candies and all the love that this festive season brings.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I do love this cute idea and every time you post it I say I am going to do it! I haven't yet and won't this year either....my stupid arthritis is keeping me from baking much. But I will pin it again and hopefully do it next year.

Making Cents Of It All said...

That is so cute.

Barbara said...

WHAT-A-GREAT-IDEA!!!!! How clever and generous! I'm saving this idea! Thank you!

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks for sharing this idea …

All the best Jan

Terri D said...

What a cute idea!! Non-bakers could do this with a chocolate Santa perhaps! Love it!

Jeanie said...

That's a wonderful idea! And it has variations, I'm seeing. I sometimes keep a treat dish on the hall table but it's not nearly so cute!

krishna said...

That is a smart idea!

Linda said...

What a GREAT idea!!!! I will do this next year for my Christmas Tea! Thank you!

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Diana,
I always love that you make the gingerbreads for your guest to take as they leave. That is really sweet. Hmmmm you have me thinking about next year's GF Party and maybe a parting gift like this. Might have to put you in charge of that! Love that the sleigh bells were on your father's horses. This is precious treasure you have of his. Have a great time off and Merry Christmas sweet friend.
Hugs,
Kris

Debby Ray said...

Yes, I do remember seeing this last year but thank you for posting it again...I just love the idea! I hope to be able to do this one year soon! Thank you, Diana and Merry Christmas!

Art and Sand said...

What an adorable idea.

Merry Christmas

Sally said...

Such a novel idea; beautiful and sweet!

Regarding 'don't let the door' etc brings a memory that Mom said about me when I was really young. Someone knocked on the door, Mom said "Oh I hope that's not Mabel". I answered the door and said "Oh no, Mama said she sure did hope it wasn't you".

Not much baking yet, but I do have the "fixings" for several sweet treats and putting it off because I'm a sugar addict. :)

xoxo

This N That said...

I always enjoy your gingerbread men.. Thanks for sharing them again. Have a wonderful Christmas and all the best in the new year!

Rose L said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS SWEET LADY! I do hope you have a fun AND relaxing holiday!!! Not too much celebrating on New Years eve!!

Adam said...

I love gingerbread

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I remember you posting this before and I thought it was such a clever idea, Diana!! I even made gingerbread cookies, but your gingerbread boys are so darn cute. Thank you for sharing your idea, as it's such a great one! Merry Christmas!

Tammy said...

What an adorable idea! I love it.

Here from Harvest Lane Cottage.

Theresa said...

I remember those gingerbread folks from last year! Great idea! Have a blessed and beautiful week ahead dear friend, HUGS!

Lisa said...

What a cute idea!!!
Lisa

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Someday I will make that cute little cut and take. You might have to post it again next year as time is short this year!

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

Such a cute idea! I'd probably walk in and catch one of my dogs dangling from it while the others cheered for a cookie! Lol! Merry Christmas!šŸ’šŸ¤¶šŸŽ…šŸ‘¼šŸŽ„

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

That is such a neat idea - I remember it from a previous post. Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy 2019 to all -

God's Grace Overflows said...

This is such a “sweet” idea! I hope you have a Wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Hugs!

Vintage Girl 901 said...

I must do this. The kiddos will enjoy them, maybe a little too cute! They may try to eat! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

What a fun idea Diana, a beautiful way to bless your guests as they leave!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh so clever! What a wonderful idea! Maybe next year...
Merry Christmas my friend!!!

CHERI said...

What a precious idea! I wouldn't be able to do it exactly like you though....Saran Wrap and I do NOT get along...EVER!!! Wishing you and yours a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and may God bless you with a wonderful New Year.

Kay G. said...

I truly love this idea. I might even do it one day! LOL!
Merry Christmas!! xxxx

Feral Turtle said...

This is such a fantastic idea Diana! LOVE IT. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Hope you have a wonderful holiday. xo

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I love this idea!