Friday, October 9, 2026

FRIDAY THIS AND THAT- BEFORE PINTEREST I HAD THIS-STOLEN IDEAS-GUILTY AS CHARGED

 

Well, here I am again with things
that I cut out of magazines
over the years.
My own personal Pinterest!

I have NO idea what the source 
these outside ideas came from
so I can't reference them.

I LOVE this.
Here's the funny thing- 
I hung a lit pumpkin like this from a
 Shepherd's Hook
in our backyard.
I thought I was SO CLEVER.
Well, that cleverness must have come by osmosis
because I found that in my 
Book Of Ideas
two weeks after the "hanging"!
 At night it's very eerie because
the wind moves it and it looks
like it is floating.
Scared the beans out of someone I know.

I think the urn under it is just gorgeous!
 I need to put something like that together.
The green urn looks great for the base, doesn't it?

Crazy about this idea for a birdbath!
I can't tell you how many ideas I have copied
over the years.
Are there really ANY new ideas?
Or am I the only copy cat out there?
You know I  just sit around 
and eat Twinkies and wait
for others to come up with ideas
for me to steal use, right?

Remember when EVERYONE had burlap?
Well, everyone except me. 
I didn't like it-it reminded me of all the
bags of feed I had to move
on the farm when I was a kid!
But I DO think this is clever!

How about some glowing 
BURLAP LIGHTS
for your porch?

This says to use a topiary frame but I think 
it would work with a
tomato cage tied together at the top.
I'm not sure what the little "balls"
are but they look like burdock(?)
to me.  
It doesn't say what they are.
Here's the directions.
 Speaking of glowing.....
How about getting a little glow on 
INSIDE the house?
Oh- Wait-That looks like soda pop
to me!
Hmmmmmmmm-
Maybe you'd care for some of this instead?

Just make sure you don't 
drink too much
because you don't want 
to end up looking like
WC Fields
As for me?
I'll be warming up with a
sugarless Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Courtesy of Starbucks-
Thank you very much!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

your photo name 

your photo name

23 comments:

  1. Speaking as someone who is a constant and unrepentant meme thief, I'm not in a position to point the finger at anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the great ideas, regardless of where you found them! I used to cut out pictures from magazines for home decorating/design ideas, way back when we were actually having a new house built. I showed the builder a few of my pictures to help him understand what I was asking for in certain 'changes' to his design/blueprints, etc. Not sure he appreciated it that much, but I got what I wanted, and then we only lived in that house about a year or so before we ended up selling it and moving away. Ever since then I just take whatever I get and make the best of it. These ideas are fun and clever and if it weren't raining every day I might try some. I'm not complaining, however. We need the rain so so much! have a lovely day/weekend. Thanks for the ideas and giggles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've known to steal a good idea now and then too! Happy Fall to you, Diana. 🎃🍁😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all great ideas. Back when Southern Exposure was open I first saw that pumpkins in birdbaths and urns and was swept away. I still don't have a birdbath but if i did, that's where my pumpkin would go! I love that fabric tree/hat too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I showed you one of my stolen ideas a day or so ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, we had our own private Pinterest files, didn't we? I still have some of them. Everyone is inspired by someone else and I say, "steal away!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like my mom used to say, everything old is new again...and I put a pumpkin planter in my birdbath years ago, and here I thought I was so original. Hahaha!! Happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to cut out design/decorating ideas and recipes from magazines but I eventually got rid of those pictures. I enjoyed seeing the ideas you've clipped.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the birdbath idea!! And the urn is so pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean! I’ve been decorating with fairy lights long before everyone else. I probably want the only one!!! Love your hanging pumpkin idea!!!
    My sister, Nita, used to tell her coworkers, “I don’t need a Pinterest! I have a Linda!”

    Linda Chapman - on my phone…

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the birdbath, I bet the birds do too. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank goodness I'm not a drinker; I wouldn't want the nose of WC Fields, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some great ideas. I like the pumpkin ice 'bucket'.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, I want to run right out (after the storm) and buy me a pumpkin to hang on the shepherd's hook! So far, I'm resisting buying any of the real things because all the little ferals would have themselves a banquet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, I want to run right out (after the storm) and buy me a pumpkin to hang on the shepherd's hook! So far, I'm resisting buying any of the real things because all the little ferals would have themselves a banquet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Remember the episode where Ethal and Lucy dressed in burlap? When you said burlap that's what I thought of. Love the pumpkin on the hook.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute decorations! I'm pretty sure the balls are sweet gum balls. We have a plethora if anyone is interested.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You don't steal. You borrow. Everything is derivative. I love the bird bath display.

    Love,
    Your Slipperless Friend

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are all great ideas, Diana!! I have a naked Shepherd's Hook out there by my carport. Maybe a plastic pumpkin would look cute!! I am a great copier and can sometimes expand on someone's idea, but I am not especially creative without copying!! A fun post, dear friend!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like a lot of those - very unique. You have a great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wonder how many squirrels could hang off a pumpkin that is hanging off a shepherd's hook? Squirrels would do that in my yard!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Back in the day I used to tear craft projects, recipes and other ideas out of magazines and save them in a folder. I think I've long since thrown them out but kind of wish I still had them. I loved looking through magazines. The hanging pumpkin is a really cool idea.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment~They bless my heart~