I had planned on publishing the results of the PICK YOUR FAVORITE PORCH today.
However, I realized it is 911 today. My son-in-law, Glen Sherman, is a retired firefighter.
He and my daughter are at GROUND ZERO in New York City today. I can only imagine what he must be feeling knowing that so many of his 'brothers' perished there.
I was sitting on my patio with three pups around my feet yesterday and this just came to me.
It is unedited and I did not rework it -it stands as it popped into my mind.
So bear with the mistakes and/or flaws when you find them.
I don't know why the spacing is so 'off'. I did it in documents and then pasted it here.Looking Back On 911
It was a perfect late summer day,
The skies were blue and clear.
No one could predict the horror
That would visit and cause fear.
The World Trade Center rose high
Majestic and solid and strong,
Workers felt safe as they entered
But they were oh-so-wrong.
The elevators took them up
With stairways they could come down,
But that would hardly suffice
When tragedy struck all around.
A terrorist plane hit the North Tower
At 8:46 September Eleven,
No one was prepared or knew
They were soon to meet their Heaven.
People on the street gaped,
The fear was just beginning, you see,
As they watched a second plane
Hit the South Tower at exactly 9:03.
Firemen and rescuers arrived
And entered the building en masse,
Sadly, they, too would perish
When everything started to crash.
As spectators all stood watching,
The towers came crashing down.
Then ran for their lives and souls,
As debris rained all around.
Airport security scrambled,
Forcing all planes from from air space,
But they could not control
Terrorists that were in a race.
A race to hit the capitol as
the Pentagon was hit with a smash,
But due to some brave passengers
Flight 93 would end in a crash..
It crashed before hitting the White House
Taking 44 souls in its wake,
Proud Americans standing for justice
Knowing that death was their fate.
25 years ago today,
Terrorists tried to take us out.
But we stood united against them
Leaning together without a doubt.
So take a moment today,
Say a prayer for all that were lost,
Remember how proudly we stood up
Together, as one, mourning the cost.
There is an old saying I know,
That really still says it all.
I hope we can always remember it–
United we stand-divided we fall.
God Bless America!
© Diana Kosmoski 2026

TESTING
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteWould you know why there are no current blog posts on the right side of your page?
ReplyDeleteIt's been like that for 2 days `~
DeleteA good tribute Diana. This was such a horrific event for all. It is still so unbelievable. We will never forget. I pray we can always stand tall and come together for the sake of America, home of the free and the brave. Praying for everyone. xoxo Dolly
ReplyDelete...a day to remember.
ReplyDeleteAmen. A fitting tribute poem, Diana. And yes, united we stand and divided we will certainly fall. God bless America!
ReplyDeleteThis is so powerful Diana! Heartfelt and so powerful, it came straight from your beautiful heart! Hard to believe it has been 25 years! Thank you for sharing! May we all never forget!!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautifully expressed, Diana. I will never forget that day.
ReplyDeleteA wonderful tribute!! It says it all.
ReplyDeleteThank you. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteMay we NEVER forget
A wonderful tribute.
ReplyDeleteI will never forget that day.
All the best Jan
Dear Diana, Thanks very much for writing this and sharing it here. We should NEVER forget!
ReplyDeleteWe shall forget that tragic day. A beautiful tribute Diana. xo
ReplyDeleteThat is a beautiful poem. I do remember that day and the exact moment when I found out about this tragic moment.
ReplyDeleteThank you for this lovely tribute. Thank you for remembering. United we stand. May we never forget. xo, Virginia
ReplyDeleteDiana, you always have such a way with words. I can't believe it's been 25 years, and I will never forget, my husband was downtown that day...truly terrible.
ReplyDelete