AH! YES!
You know that not all
Fairy Tales
happen magically, right?
Well,
MY FERRY TALE
is going to be one of unrelenting work
and projects for the rest of this season.
#1-Water Heater!
The one is (was) in a little side room
and had actually caused damage to the floor.
Deep Damage!
So, now the old water heater is sitting
outside waiting to be hauled away.
We have to get a new one and then
find someone to install it!
Whooppeee.
Island time to get'er'done
is different than mainland time.
Trust me.
So, either showers are COLD water
or
I heat up water for sponge bathing
standing in the shower.
Nothing like camping in a cottage!
I think we should put an outside shower
in while we are doing it.
That way when anyone gets done swimming
they can shower outside!
I'll give you a little progress
report as we go along
and address other
things that need fixing
as the weeks fly by.
Speaking of flying....
I have been considering it-
Never too early to start planning ahead-
just ask Hobby Lobby!
Have a wickedly wonderful weekend.
I'll be scrubbing and cleaning....
or maybe taking a little
fly-by.


I have a very old water heater and sometimes get a luke warm shower. Not fun especially in the winter. An outside shower sounds like a good idea.
ReplyDeleteLOL on asking Hobby Lobby.
Testing
ReplyDeleteAh yes, a brand new hot water, just what we always wanted. :). Take lots of pics of progress, I am excited for you all.
ReplyDelete...I always enjoyed being on Maui time, those were the days!
ReplyDeleteCold showers and heating water - I remember those when camping! An outside shower sounds like a must if by the beach! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteDon't fly this far South....TOO TOO HOT! lol But you'll have your perfect cottage before long. You are so smart and imaginative! Love you, Diane
ReplyDeleteLittle by little you'll get there, hang in there! It will take time but will be worth it in the end!
ReplyDeleteenjoy the shopping and the work, and yes to outside shower..
ReplyDeleteWish I could come and help you!!
ReplyDeletebobbie
A labor of love...with an emphasis clearly on the labor part! I know it will be beautiful when it's done. In the meantime, enjoy those sponge baths!! Oh boy!! xo
ReplyDeleteA huge YES to an outdoor shower! This is so exciting, and I look forward to photos every step along the way of all the changes!!!
ReplyDeleteHi, I vote YES for the outdoor shower. It is so easy to wash off after a good swim.
ReplyDeleteHave fun, cannot wait to see more. :-)
Tee hee, you on your broom, flying by the moon! Your cottage will be JUST as you picture it, I am sure! Can't wait to see it finished! x
ReplyDeletePlaying with photos and AI is SO FUN!! I can see your vision and love it!! That was one nasty old rusted water heater. Goodness! Just keep us posted Diana!! Cheering for you (and a bit jealous!)!!
ReplyDeleteI also looked at the post before this one. I can almost feel your excitement while doing your renovation. So happy that you kept the kitchen sink. I wish that I lived closer, I would love to roll up my sleeves and help you with some of the work. I love seeing things change for the better right before your eyes.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to all of your transformation photos. 🥰♥️
I'm so excited for you,!
Sounds like a good idea having an outside shower. We don't have a hot water heater. Our water gets heated on demand.
ReplyDeleteYes to an outdoor shower!
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Great idea, installing an outdoors shower. I feel like I'm witnessing HGTV in real life!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to love following you on this journey! The outside shower is a great idea.
ReplyDeleteWe just got our shower functioning and it's nice to have it again. Good luck with the water heater, we've been there too back in the 90s, it will be nice to move forward. There's always something to fix. :(
ReplyDeleteHello! I went back and started at the beginning and am so excited for you! This will be an amazing adventure and I am along for the ride! It is charming now and will be even more so when you finish! You know I am all about cozy!
ReplyDeleteNot fun to have to do without a hot water heater! And not fun to have to deal with the mess too. Praying it all gets resolved quickly! We have had our share of hot water heater issues, and cold water/sponge baths in the past. It makes you very thankful for modern amenities!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, I can't tell you how many times the pilot light went out on our water heater, and we finally got a new one installed. And it's a bit different than those pilot light ones. I hope you get the right guy to install it. I look forward to this journey of fixing up your new cottage, Diana. Sounds like there's a lot of work to be done, but if anyone can do it, that would be you. : )
ReplyDelete~Sheri
A ton of labor for the fairy tale to begin coming to life. That's the hard part. An outside shower is a great idea. Cindy
ReplyDeleteOh boy! Y'all are really roughing it. Hot running water is tops on my grateful list every time we've lost power and lost hot water to boot. I hope you get to have some soon! ❤️
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have quite a bit of work at the cottage. Hope the new water heater will be installed fairly quickly.
ReplyDelete