Nana Diana Takes A Break

Nana Diana Takes A Break

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Going Coastal For Christmas

Well, this is NOT
the Michigan coast
that we live on.
We're actually on the
bay across the peninsula
from Lake Michigan.
But this is not either place.
Our Christmas Coast
looks cold and angry here.
So,
I am always longing
for the warm, beachy
Christmas that is found
on a Southern coast.

Sometimes I dream
that I am actually living
in the South again..
where it warm and sunny
year round.

But today I am content
to find these images
in
Coastal Living
and dream my own little
dreams about actually
living there.

Look at the view
from this living room.
The dining room is equally awesome.
And the deck.
Now I'm not saying that this
is STAGED...but did you notice
that the same RUG that is
under the dining room table
now appears on the deck?
Hmmm...or maybe they have
two identical rugs?
And two identical trees with
the ornaments switched up a bit?
I have to tell you that
when I lived in Florida
in the 70's and again in the 80's
that shell encrusted pieces
were considered kind of
um..I hate to say it..tacky.
Today, tastes have changed
and most people would
love to have this shell covered chest.
Don't you just love beachy keen
feeling in that bedroom?
And, what
Coastal Home is complete
a
You can find instructions by
clicking on the link above.

And,  personally, being
a former
MERMAID myself,
 I LOVE these cookies.
Do you think every sailor
is always looking for his
own personal mermaid?
Whaddaya mean you don't
think I used to be a
Really?
Well, then, here's the proof!
What?
You don't believe that's me?
Well....you know what I have to
say to that?
Glubbb...glubbb...glubbb...
which translates (roughly)
to ..............
oh-never-mind
your photo name

20 comments:

  1. I love all these images... and I hope to someday get to decorate my warm-climate house in .. oh, perhaps Florida? Just like these.

    I've always loved mermaids too.. that one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's just something magnetic about the coast, isn't there ... like turtles going back to the place of their birth, humans are drawn to the sea. I could spend hours just staring at the waves, and living in a house where I could do that is a dream. I have to be satisfied with your beautiful images, and the occasional vacation, to feed this need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures! A nice diversion from all the Christmas photos...but it only makes me want to go somewhere WARM after the holidays... I laughed at your mermaid comments! When I was a kid my sisters and I "pretended" we were mermaids in our pool after watching all the old Esther Williams movies! :) How wonderful you brought back so many beautiful memories....
    Every time I come here you put a smile on my face! You have such a happy, "warm-feeling" blog...with a beautiful personality to match.
    Happy Holidays to you and your wonderful family~
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang Diana, you were an awesome mermaid:) I like the white tree, for the beach. I agree with Lisa, your blog is fun and heart warming. Bless you,Susie (She Junks)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure sis, I know you were a mermaid, back in the 60s. If no one believes you, refer them to me.

    I used to live on the beach, in northern California. The place I lived, you could walk across the street and be in the sand and water. Would love to see that beach one more time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love beachy Diana but honestly this time of year I would just as soon see pics of Lake Michigan!
    I was in Florida once on Christmas day (Fort Meyers) and i hated it...it just didn't seem right.
    After Christmas though, love it!
    Hugs friend,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine having a Christmas tree on my deck. I would be running around picking up blown away ornaments off the beach all day. You were a very hot mermaid. Love the flowing blonde hair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! A feast for the eyes.

    I love the shell encrusted "anything".

    I see you have the santa graphic on your sidebar.

    In order to animate him.

    Try unchecking the " Shrink to fit box " in the HTML gadget thingy.

    *hugs*

    mo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your dreams! And, sure that's you way back in the day. What the heck happened?

    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your post I live near water too..Love aqua sea and sun!Thank you for sharing this season of joy and pink!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Christmas tree on the deck, now that would be a tough one to pull off in the cold and windy Mid West! And it's true, there IS such a thing mermaids. I know, 'cause I've seen them myself at Wiki Watchee when I was a little girl:) Oh, and I bet you really DO wish you lived on the "good side" of Lake Michigan!!! Dream on!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I KNOW you are a mermaid! You are just that awesome!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish you, your loved ones and your readers, a wonderful Holiday Season!!
    (Lookin' good! It's amazing how nice your hair stays underwater!)
    Sending hugs ~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mernana Diana,
    It's a blast swimming along with you!
    ~Lynne
    [w/L]

    ReplyDelete
  15. I believe you were, in fact, a mermaid. But only if you say, that I was one too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aha! I always knew there was something fishy about you, girl......

    lolol!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yep, me too! Maybe on the Eastern or Gulf Coasts you can see under water like this, but I've never seen this in our California Coastal waters!

    Living here on the West Coast, it's not exactly how it looks in real homes now . . . Guess they are trying to impart a new look! Looks good in the magazine!

    Have a wonderful new week!

    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh--I love this, Diana!! And I adore those gingerbread men--soooo adorable!!! How completely clever!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. WoW! You were one hot mermaid! And I love that lighthouse gingerbread house. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those Gingerbread Mermaid cookies look great! Do you know that I have a special place in my heart for the Mermaid? I even did a post about them and collect them. Such magical creatures. I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas, and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment~They bless my heart~