Nana Diana Takes A Break

Nana Diana Takes A Break

Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Day On The Beach

Well, if you came here
looking for me in a
bathing suit
you can leave
NOW!
Ain't gonna happen, honey!

The other day we stopped at
in
Houghton, MI.

This is such a beautiful place.
MyHero relaxes for a few
mintues before opening a
book.
What are you taking pictures of ?
he wants to know.
Nuthin'.
You better NOT be taking pictures
of the back of my head again.
I'm not-
It's your whole upper body!
There are miles of sandy/rocky beach.
The views across to the peninsula
are incredible.
We walk a bit.
I am enjoying the breeze
and the sun
and the atmosphere.
Look at all these cute little
birds
perched on that log.
Ha!  Fooled you-
Those are KNOBS..
(which is also what my son
called uncouth people
but we won't talk about
that here).
OH MY...
More driftwood!!
AND MORE DRIFTWOOD!
OH- Can we take some home with us? I ask
ever-so-sweetly.
Seriously?
Yes! Seriously!
Are you NUTS?

(Well, I have been called
that a couple of times but
not in reference to driftwood)

NO!  This is a STATE PARK!
You can't remove
ANYTHING
from a state park..

Hmmpfff..mutter...mutter...mutter..
Like they're gonna
miss one old piece of wood on
the beach.

Yeah- I get it-Y'all don't
need to send me snide remarks
about leaving it there for
everyone to enjoy!

Look here, says MyHero!
What?

Seriously...
MORE ROCKS?

Well, this one has copper in it.

Yeah?
Well, when you collect enough
to melt down and make me
a copper pot
let me know.

For some reason
I always think I am way
funnier
than HE thinks I am!

Now he's gonna ignore me
for being a smart mouth.

Sigh...
Well, Thank the
good Lord that I had the
sense to bring along
my
very.best.friend.
Nothing like a cup of hot
Starbucks coffee
on the beach...

Well, except for making out
and we didn't want to make
people talk like
"didja see those old people"?
Yeah...and then there's that!
your photo name

28 comments:

  1. LOL! Looks like you're having a good time up north! I would want to sneak some driftwood too, it's so pretty. I'm not saying I would, just that I would want to really bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have wanted to take the drift wood too. Great pics, what a gorgeous day it was Diana! Cool rock your honey found too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny love how you put your witty spin on even the a beach outing! Looks like a lot of fun.....and that driftwood is mighty enticing...just saying:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Looks like a great time. Are you sure you didn't take any driftwood, maybe when Your Hero wasn't looking?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, he can take rocks, but you can't take driftwood. One sided, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana...You sound like little sweetcheeks in this blog.:):) You make me laugh, and I truly need that so much lately. Thank you girlfriend, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would they really miss one piece of driftwood. That would look so cool in your living room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny! I enjoy reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like such a beautiful day to be at the beach. You guys make out in the middle of the day?????
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too funny! And I hope he didn't carry that rock home after you plastered the evidence all over the internet. He'd go to jail for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous day you had!! I would have wanted a piece of driftwood, too! My sister nearly dug up a plant in Florida to bring home until she had fair warning!! lol!

    Glad you are having fun, Diana!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to go there as a child with my parents on vacations. So nice to see the pictures. I think you are funny, he he.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awe come on, I bet you did........
    make out, that is...

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL- yeah, what Jettie said! OMGosh, you can't take the drift wood? We don't have drift wood in our state parks around here.
    Don't you get drift wood at your house?
    Love the shoreline photos. I think you are getting pretty good at taking pictures...except when you get the back of someone's head in them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pictures Diana!!!
    Enjoy yourself!!
    Suzann ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very fun, now I know where sweet cheeks gets it! Love driftwood too, it is so worn and smooth and beautiful. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Diana...I want to go...what a beautiful spot..(no bathing suit for me either)...I hope your having a great day...blessings
    Karena@A Loblolly Life

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok, now I am seriously jealous, Diana! McLain State Park is our absolute favorite place to visit! How lucky you got to spend the day there. Looks like the colors are gorgeous. We camped there last October and just loved it! And I won't even tell you what WE removed from the park!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love reading your posts. There are so many laugh out loud moments in them. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have learned that wherever you are YOU ARE THE PARTY!! Love it. Amidst the water and the rocks you are still the party-GIRL!! I just knew you were gonna show us your swim suit! I bet Your Hero would have let you take the drift wood home in exchange for a glimpse of his bathing-beauty! Just sayin. . .

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your newest follower. Your husband reminds me of mine. I enjoyed the walk. What a lovely view.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Diana,
    I'm jumping over from Made In the South and the Versatile Blogger awards. You are hilarious! I agree with the others who called foul to the hubby taking a rock but no wood for you!
    Beautiful pictures to enjoy after my hot day here in TX. Hope you'll visit!
    ~Tina

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Diana,
    It sounds like your trip was a scavenger hunt, indeed!!! THANK YOU so much for thinking of Ralph and me and for this beautiful button!!! I'm going to find Tete.
    Love,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Diana, I think I've had those same conversations with my hubs!
    Including the "you aren't taking pictures of me, are you?" ones. Hahahaha... they really should know better by now, huh?

    GORGEOUS pictures of wonderful scenery. What a day!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOLOL! Oh my gosh....you two are sooooo NORMAL!!! Either that, or you've fallen into MY world! lolol! Hubby and I have had the exact same conversation about taking things home, and the rolling eyes, and the shaking of the head....Must be a MAN-thing. :/ Maybe if he had a shot of FatCat*Happy Dog he would'ave been more agreeable....??? Beautiful photos, though, D! It's been a beautiful October, hasn't it???? :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love driftwood, too...but never know what to do with it when I get it.:))

    ReplyDelete
  27. Diana, I do love the way you write about your experiences! Looks like you had a wonderful day! Thanks for sharing!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment~They bless my heart~