Nana Diana Takes A Break

Nana Diana Takes A Break

Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'm Busy Thinking About Decorating...

I am one of those weird people
(yeah..I hear those of you that KNOW me)
Anyway, I am one of those weird people
that keeps notebooks of ideas.

One for each season..
These are all loose leaf 3 ring binders
filled with page protectors full
of inspirations and ideas.

Being as it IS Fall now..
I pulled my
PUMPKIN COLORED
notebook out.
Yes! They are colored for each Season-
White For Snow/Winter.
Red For Christmas.
Pink for Little Girl Ideas.
Blue For Little Boy Ideas.
Yellow For Easter Ideas.
Green For Gardening/Outdoor Ideas.
And a slew of white ones with
typed cover inserts.
Well, you get the picture.

But for Fall
(and Halloween)
I dug out the Pumpkin Colored binder.
Here are a few of the images I have saved.

I have always loved window boxes..
and I like the earthy simplicity
 of this one.
and a  white pumpkin surrounded by Fall gatherings...
A peek at a birdbath that is
Closed for the Season
(poor birds)
And the path of pumpkins
that leads you through an arbor..
And brings you home to this..
A place to spend an afternoon,
or an evening,
or a life time.
I have had these images for many years
and don't know WHERE they are from...
but Thank You to the people
that photographed these.

Now..
Please excuse me..
I am headed to Starbucks...
I hear they have a
NEW COFFEE..
I'll pick one up for my daughter..
cuz I don't do sugar...
Can you say..
Pumpkin Spice Latte?
Now wipe the drool off your chin
and get busy!
You know you need to get ready for Fall!
ooops-Me too!  I'm off!
your photo name

24 comments:

  1. Love all your Fall pictures from your inspirational binders.
    I miss the look of Fall
    Enjoy your day!!!
    Suzann ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny. I love your images. Enjoy your starbucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE these images, especially the fireplace! I do that too, keep all the images that I love, it is like going through your favorite magazine. :)
    Enjoy your coffee!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. now that sounds yummy,, I like the bird bath photo and the path lined with pumpkins,, have super day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your fall images. Now I'm in the mood to decorate :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, what does it mean if I have a binder too? I'm weird too?
    Although I only have one, it's white, not color coded according to season or holiday or gender. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so organized Diana!
    love the pics...do you go on pinterest?
    You would love it, so many ideas and you can keep them all organized too!
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds to me like you were just looking in that big binder of yours for another excuse to go to Starbucks! *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures. I am starting to decorate. I am so slow this year. Don't know what the deal is.

    Face it, you are getting the Starbucks so you can run over and see your littles. So nice to have them near you. 2 out of my 6 live near. Then I have Doodle's family. It's not so bad but I miss those Colorado babies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic!

    I love your ideas!!!

    I want to walk down the pumkin path or sit next to the fire sipping the spice latte...

    Thank you for the deep breath of fall.

    *hugs*

    mo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I want an outdoor fireplace! And a pumpkin lined path.
    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your fall inspiration Diana! That pumpkin lined path is calling my name! Heading out to buy some pumpkins today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What warm and cozy photos Diana! Now I really must get over to the market and pick up more pumpkins and gourds for my window boxes. Thanks for the shove....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the big pumpkin in the bird bath...lots of cute ideas here! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marvelous inspiratons! Simply beautiful! I think I need to plant a pumpkin patch next year to have just the right number of pumpkins!
    Hope you have a great day,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pictures Diana, love the one with the pumpkins all lined up!
    I still have to do the outside of my house but I'll leave that till next month which is almost here:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. what color is the notebook for motorcycle stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Organized is what I call that!!
    I thought I was doing well with my files and notebooks, but you've really got me beat with that color-coding you got happening there!
    My favorite idea was the rustic window boxes and then that oudoor fireplace.
    I could just see myself sitting there with a hot cocoa or hot apple cider, getting toasted on one side and freezing on the other, roasting marshmellows. Well, you get the picture-I do love it!
    Thanks for sharing all these neat fall ideas, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Diana....sooo pretty! Some of the prettiest fall inspiration I have seen! So here you are being so busy with being nana of the year with those darling grandkids and you have a hidden talent as a designer/eye for beautiful things too, huh? Don't keep it a secret, now I want to see more!! I love your take so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are awesome! I wish I was that organized!! I do want to re-decorate my living/dining/kitchen and I can't wait to start a binder for that!! LOL!!
    I am also happy I have a white pumpkin! I got it last year and it is really popular isn't it?
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Diana,
    Great Fall Inspirations in those yummy photos, I Love Autumn, the smells, the color, the Cooler temps ~ I bet Fall in your neck of the woods is Beautiful... Thanks for stopping by
    xox
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  22. O, girl...I had one of those last year and I thought I'd died and gone to Heaven. They are sooo good. I love ANYthing pumpkin. :))

    ReplyDelete
  23. Should I be surprised that you are so organized as to have colored notebooks for each season? You seem to be much more of a fly by the seat of your pants kind of gal. I'm loving that pumpkin lined path though.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The pumpkins lining the walkway is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment~They bless my heart~