Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Icing On The Cake-Or Lack Thereof

Yesterday I showed you
the back of Lulu's cake.
Several of you guessed
precious BabyE
got into the cake.
Some of you
KNEW BETTER..
You KNEW who had
ravaged the back of that cake.

First though,
let me tell you that Lulu
had a wonderful birthday.
A few of her friends came over..

She got some wonderful gifts
including all kinds of art materials from
her other grandmother, Marilyn.
Marilyn is an artist and has
won many awards over the years.
She also got an ANT FARM..
I asked her if she wanted an
UNCLE FARM too but
she failed to see the humor in that.
And she got a great hat...
Of course the cake is
always the highlight of the birthday party.
Mama always makes a cake for
their birthday...
Who want the first bite?
Hmmmmm...
Looks like SOMEONE was already
"nibbling" on the cake..
and I don't think it was a mouse..
I think it was a pretty BIG nibbler...

Whacha doing there, SweetCheeks?
Nohthing!
Hmmm...Your little friend LilyAnna
is telling ON YOU!
Who did it LilyAnna?
Who ate the icing off the back of the cake?
I did Nana..but jus' a little biht!
Hmmmm..
Looks like some serious nibbling business to me...
Lulu-Trhy it...
Jus' stick yoarh face in yoarh cake..
Itsss fuhn...
See?
Do any other families do this?
Seriously?

And, of course, every day must have
a bit of drama in it.
SweetCheeks found out about
guppies.
Guppies have babies.
Some Mama guppies eat their babies.
SweetCheeks thought it wise to
share this information with
her bestest friend, LilyAnna.
LillyAhna, did yohu know that
Mama Ghubbies eat their owhn babies?
They do!  Our Mama guppie athe her babies.
LilyAnna is rendered speechless.
SweetCheeks- Don't tell her that.
That's not nice and it makes people feel bad.
Wehll, I think that gubppy baby feeled pretty
bad when it got eathen too-
'specially cuz its Mommy eated it.
It's okay, SweetCheeks.
We'll talk about it later.
How about a hug for Papa?
And so it goes..
Another birthday for Lulu,
Another lesson in life for SweetCheeks.
One of many.
Amen.
your photo name

22 comments:

The enchanted home said...

I can literally feel the love and happiness pouring out from this post, Diana! Seriously...what fun it must be to be over there. Every day seems like a happy celebration!
Looks like she had a wondeful birthday despite the mysterious "cake monster" who took a few bites (too funny) and all the girls are just precious.

Tete said...

That child has some serious issues...she needs to hire a look out so she doesn't get caught with her face in the cake again. I thought for sure it was Baby E, but I guess I should have known better considering her track record.
What a kid. Glad the birthday went well and I love the new hat.
Well, you don't have to find new homes for those baby guppies. We used to put them in a regular fish bowl when they started popping up and then pulled the mama as soon as the feasting began. Once they get a little bigger, you can add them back.
Guppies have small mouths.
Mollies and swordtails eat their young, too. We had breeder containers on the sides of the tanks for them with little slots for the babies to swim through but the mama's couldn't. That way only the dumb got ate.
LOL
Hope you have a good day...and do something fun!

Jettie said...

I had my suspicions about who did the cake, thought it may have been Deed or Rainbow...


Never owned any guppies, but I did have mollies and they do the same thing. We discovered a few survivors.

Patty said...

Poor Sweet Cheeks gets blamed for everything, now, doesn't she?

Of course..... all the evidence is against her in this case! But, you know the cake taste good when it's that irresistable! *lol*

Kathy said...

I should've guessed! LOL Mama makes pretty cakes! And apparently they taste good, too.

Julie Harward said...

Where did she get those eyes?! Amazing eyes that tell it all! :D

Gina said...

I think you should pull SweetCheeks aside & teach her that when you do something bad, you have to hide the evidence...especially when it's on your face for everyone to see! LOL So cute.

time worn interiors said...

To funny! Happy Birthday Lulu!
tot

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful post... hard life lesson that,,

Unknown said...

I can't help but laugh....she just lights up a room with her stinker personality! Her sister is very patient. Happy birthday to Lulu!
xoxo,
Mary

Pamela said...

I knew it was Sweet Cheeks!!
Happy Birthday LuLu from one Leo to another!!!
Pamela xo

Cindy Adkins said...

Happy Birthday to Lulu!!! And how cute that Sweet Cheeks couldn't wait to eat the cake!! I made a cake for my son when he was 2. I made it the night before his birthday and put it up on top of the refrigerator. It was a Winnie the Pooh cake. Well, when I was asleep the morning of his birthday, he woke up, pushed the kitchen chair over to the fridge, stood on it and reached up to the cake stored on top of the fridge and ruined the cake! I about died! (I had made the cake.) Believe me, I never forgot that birthday!! LOL
XO
Cindy

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Diana! I'm so behind on catching up on blogs...I've been under the weather and as soon as I relax I am out like a light!

Happy 9th Birthday to beautiful Lulu!!
I've enjoyed seeing all the smiling faces at her party as well as checking out the chambermaids! Hmmm...what a combo!

Kaybe said...

Nothing says Happy Birthday like a good old fashioned cake fight. No comment on the guppies :D

Take good care,

Karen

Debby said...

So funny about the cake. She must have known that she wasn't going to get into trouble. Hah Ha

KrippledWarrior said...

Happy Birthday to the youngling. It's OK for children to know that fish eat fish. It's not all Disney Movie land out there.

Sweet Tea said...

I gotta say that your family gets the "fun" out of a birthday cake. LOL What a fun time!! Happy Birthday to the Birthday Girl!

Gypsy Heart said...

Oh my word! She just had to get into that cake. :-)

Lulu is totally adorable...they all are though. I sorta have concerns about "other things" that Sweetcheeks is gonna learn.

xo
Pat

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

Once again a great story!

Jane
Flora Doora

Pam Kessler said...

See, I never knew that guppies ate their babies. It is a pretty weird concept for a little kid to understand.

Annesphamily said...

HeeHee! HaHa! Your family is hilarious!

Wendy@Once upon a rose haven said...

Happy Birthday Lulu! May our Lord bless you abundantly. Thank you for sharing a fun birthday party!
Hugs ~Wendy