Monday, October 25, 2010

Monkey Blocker

Nana-Why don't you stop by
after work?
I stop.
There sit Ria & SweetCheeks
watching..
for the 450th time..
The Wizard Of Oz....
and they are
sufficiently scared (again) by
The Flying Monkeys...This Little Monkey..
Cousin BabyE
Has a trick up his sleeve..
or his tail..
He has BECOME a
Flying Monkey!He hugs his bear
and heads towards the chair
where SweetCheeks & Company
are watching their show..
He gazes at them as if t0 say...
Look how cute I am!
SweetCheeks...we tell her..
Look how cute BabyE is..
Without ever looking at him
she tilts her head to one side
to look around him.
She says..
I'm whatching TVee..
and now I chan't see
cuz hims in front of it..
Make hims go away...
So...the sad little monkey
with his hat
cocked off to one side
sadly slipped away.And so it goes..
(please ignore SweetCheeks clothes heaped
on the floor where she has changed
into her
"pwrettee sumher dwress".
(remember-from today it is only 2 months until Christmas)
your photo name

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the flying monkey suit. He'll get even later when he has more candy in his sack.
Ha!
Hugs- Tete

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

This is one flying monkey that doesn't scare me... he is so very cute!

maddie/cadesmimi said...

Awww...what a cutie! Flying monkeys, what will they come up with next?

Rebecca Nelson said...

I'll take this little monkey-man any day over those scary flyin' dudes in The Wizard of Oz any day! What a sweetheart.

That part of the movie scared the wits outta me!

xoRebecca

Gabriele Agustini said...

Those kids are SOOOO adorable!!
Two months until Christmas?! Yikes!
Let me get through Thanksgiving before I think about that! :-*
(Too late.)
Enjoy those little guys!! They grow too fast!!
Hugs,
gabriele

Cass @ That Old House said...

I was TERRIFIED of the flying monkeys when I was little -- Eeeek! Still don't like them, but I sure do like that little guy all dolled up in the flying monkey suit.

Those kids are all adorable!!!
I keep telling my girls they are serious under-achievers -- no grandkids yet.
Of course husbands would be nice, too!

I'm so happy to meet you! thanks for being my latest Follower -- I think we're going to get along just fine. :-)
Cass

Heaven's Walk said...

Ooooooo......those flying monkeys on The Wizard of Oz always gave me the willies!!! And they STILL do!! LOL! Love how you take each moment in your life with your kiddos and create a sweet memory, Diana! :)

xoxo laurie

Vanessa said...

What an adorable costume! So hard being the younger ones! I'm amazed that they can make it through the Wizard of Oz cause it still freaks me out! :-)
Vanessa

Lisa @ Grandma's Briefs said...

What a precious little monkey! So funny the girls were more absorbed with ever-so-much-more-frightening ones on TV. (But I think it's great Wizard of Oz still pleases!)

Debi WeeFaerie said...

What a cute little monkey! Not at all scary :)

2 months until Christmas and I'm already plotting about how to sneak some twinkle lights out early lol! I'm thinking November 1st is a good day to start decorating...

Anonymous said...

funny! Second time today I have seen a flying monkey....one here and one in a Rehoboth Beach shop window. If I see a third one I think I better go buy a lottery ticket. :) xoxo

Donna said...

Eeeeew! I was always petrified of those flying monkeys too!!

Michelle said...

That sweet cheeks needs her own tv show. Love the flying monkey suit, hes a cutie also.
XoXo

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Your little monkey is so cute!!! What a precious time in life.

Pam Kessler said...

Those darn flying monkeys scare me every time too. Except for BabyE - that costume is too cute.