Friday, October 29, 2010

Hallooo Ween! We're Haffing A Party!

It takes my daughter and family
a few days to get their house ready
for the
Hallooo Weeen Party.
TheBrawnyMan puts out orange lights.
Nana gives them a cat and pumpkin flag.
And Ria is "busy"...
Busy getting little pumpkins ready
to plop on top of the orange twinkle lights..
(that don't twinkle)
Ria very earnestly tells SweetCheeks
just how to do her job.
SweetCheeks listens carefully...Then does exactly what she wants to do.SweetCheeks reminds us not to
forget the pumpkin mailbox cover...
We need it for Halllooo Ween!
(I think she thinks there is someone named Ween
that we are saying Hello to)
Anyway, we got the mailbox cover.
We got it-'deed we do!An hour before the party starts there is
a flurry of activity..
Daddy is setting out the big air-filled pumpkin...
and two of the girls friends have
come over to supervise.
There!
WE ARE READY
to greet our other friends. Wait...wait..just a minute...
We forgot to plug something in...
Oh My!As their friends cars pull up into the drive
the are treated with this little Fall display.Step inside..
C'mon, SweetCheeks tells everyone.
Doan go in there..that iss vurry,
vurry scary...Walking into the kitchen you see a table
ready with mini-pumpkins
just waiting to be decorated..Straight ahead is the
Haunted Beauty Parlor.
Hmmm...today..all day...it looked
like that is where I had my own hair done..
Yesssirreee...
I was a walking advertisement for..
The Haunted Beauty Parlor.
(and all my girls just said - Amen)
Ooooohhhh...That looks pretty scary...Chome on in, Nana!
Thisss isss not schkary at all...
Look...theres sum frog hair jelly..
and sum offther stufff to make
yoah beeyouful..
Look...doan yoah whant to be
beeyoufull like me?
Yeah...I sure do, SweetCheeks...
But it might be too late for me..
Hmmmm...assessing the situation..
Yoah jusss look old, dat's all.
Thank you SO much!
Yoah're welcume!
Now that she is "beeyoufull" she heads
cautiously down
the steps to the
Haunted RecRoom..
(or whatever they call it)Isss kinda shpooky dohwn hereh too, Nana!
Yep! Look at that jersey..
I think it's kind of spooky that
Brett Favre is still playing football.
( insert adult laughter-SweetCheeks- WHUT?)
Never Mind!
Look at that stage..
What's up with that stage?Yoah know thass foar moovfies..
An for dancin..
See..lookit Ria...Her's dancing right now!
I think she's just posing, SweetCheeks..
Noah-Her's dancin! See hers feet mooving?
Uh-huh...
Tollllldja so...hers dancin'
Well, there's the back bar area...
I'll have a Coke please...
And, because I like to live dangerously..
I'll take some ice and...oh yeah..
make sure it's a Diet Coke, okay?



I head back upstairs to
get a few more pictures...
This is my daughter & best neighborhood friend, Tina.
Tina is an idential twin..I mean IDENTICAL.
I could post two pictures of HER and tell you it was
twins...and you would never know the difference..
Neither would I..Looks like someone stole their clothes
and left the sheets;>)
Here is a not-so-scary pirate..Little Lulu
is way too sweet to be a pirate..And we have our little
Fall Fairy...in her Mom made costume..And, last but not least
we have the
Snow Queen...
who is wondering why
Nana is leaving so early.I scare easy... and besides that..
I have to go home and cook dinner for Papa!
your photo name

21 comments:

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Up early cause I couldn't sleep...
can I make an appointment at the boooty parlor?
Maybe two appointments...don't think one will be enough.
Such fun.
xoxo~Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Laura said...

Diana, this looks like sooo much fun! I wish I could come! But its giving me some ideas for my friends party on sunday afternoon for the kids. Its not quite as big here, but its getting there; slowly... Love the beauty parlour idea!! And your front garden just looks soooo cool! My kids would be so excited if i were to decorate my house for halloween!! everyone looks fantastic too!
Have a gorgeous weekend sweet diana! hugs and love, Laura xxx

Tete said...

Looks like so much fun! SweetCheeks is just so funny! Like her Nana. She needs her own blog!
I could use the boooty parlor, too, but it would take several trips to do any good!
Hugs- Tete

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Looks like such a fun party! Happy Halloween! Hope you get lots of treats!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Wow! The party and decorating turned out great! The kids look so cute! I do like the "booty parlor"!!! We could all use a little help from there!!! lol

Thanks for stopping by and the uplifting comments you leave for me! I am keeping busy because I tend to dwell on my problems if I don't!!

shabbyfufu said...

Oh what fun Diana! I love all that your family puts into it to make the holiday fun, for kids big and small! Have a great holiday! xo, Janet

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

So cute and SPOOKY! Looks like they have such a great time!

Patty Patterson said...

You should have brought Papa along. Then, you wouldn't have had to leave so early. He could have eaten Halloween treats for dinner. I'm sure there were plenty.

ShabbyESP said...

Hello Diana!!

That is so cute...what great decorating!! The kids look cute also!
Hope your Halloween is spooky :)
Suzann

Pam Kessler said...

Wow, that looks like a fun party. They go all out for it don't they.

Debbie said...

Oh Diana, this brings back sweet memories of the parties we had at our farmhouse for the kids...the garage was all decorated, and the kids loved it!!!
Your party looks like so much fun for everyone!
Nice post.
Debbie@houseatthelake

Simple Home said...

It looks like a wonderful time was had by all! The decorations are incredible. My neighbor does this kind of party for all the kids too.
Blessings,
Marcia

Lisa @ Grandma's Briefs said...

What festive fun for everyone! You're so lucky to have your grandchildren live near by! I'm crossing my fingers that one day I'll have a few in town and we can enjoy Halloween together! Have a great one!

Vanessa said...

That is soooo cute! What a great idea to have the spooky beauty parlor! Thanks for sharing this with us!
Vanessa

Debi WeeFaerie said...

How fun is that! Wonderful story and photos! It's good to see y'all getting into the spirit! Love that haunted beauty parlor... I think I need an appointment.

Julie Harward said...

Thats what it's all about! Love it..it all looks so fun! I sure miss my kids being at home, we used to make a spook alley in the garage. Love all the decorations here, have fun! :D

Elyse said...

so fun, diana! love the idea of a haunted beauty parlor. so fun and funny!

wishing you a safe & yummy halloween!

xo
elyse

Lindy said...

Just wondering if Miss Ween showed up for that fabulous looking party!

Okie Chic said...

Looks like a great time. Those kids are adorable too!!

Michelle said...

Looks like lots of fun! Love all the costumes, that 60's go go dancer is too cute!
Happy Halloween!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tradition and it looks like fun for all. The decorations are fantastic.