Thursday, July 28, 2011

Remembering Anna Bella

(Angel of Wonder by NA Noel)
It has been a whole year
since I did a post about this..
Another year...
Another year...
Hard to believe..

Today our little angel,
 Anna Bella,
would have been 6 years old.
I often wonder
 what she would be like today
and picture her much like the angel above.
When she was born
 she looked a lot like her older sister.
This little angel appears to be
a combination
 of all 3 sisters.
What a beauty she would have been.
It is always hard to lose a child.
Some of you know this first hand,
some of you
could not begin to imagine it
happening to your family.
There is a whole different level of loss
when you lose a grandchild,
the child of your child.
Your heart aches
for your loss and
for your child's
loss.
When you lose a child,
your life is forever altered.
There is always a little piece of you that is missing..
a piece that somehow slipped away
and leaves an aching void.
I can't imagine how someone with no faith
carries on with life when they lose a child.
I can't imagine thinking that I would
never see that little one again.
As for me, my hope is in the Lord.
I know that someday we will all be
reunited again
and our family
will be whole.
Rest in peace our little Anna Bella.
We love you so.
Nana
your photo name

14 comments:

Jettie said...

I know, somehow it just doesn't seem quite right that part of the whole is missing. But God still has a plan, and you will someday get to see that beautiful little angel.
Love ya,
sis

Darla said...

Oh what a heartbreaking thing to walk through...

mo said...

My heart aches for you and your family. The depth of your love is so strong within your beautiful words of this post.

So much love.

*hugs*

mo

Laura said...

Amen to that Diana... I do not know either... i really dont. I do not believe that without faith i would have stayed around.. been thinking a lot about my little angel today too.. strangely enough. maybe they are up there just hanging together and laughing and playing! I like to think of him knowing all the people I have met since - you see! thinking about you and the girls and their mum and dad. xxxx all my hugs and loves diana, xxxx
laura xxx

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh, Diana, I can't even imagine anything so heartbreaking...and I can just imagine that you and your husband have been the solid foundation for everyone to depend on emotionally...My heart goes out to your family...this had to be a terrible loss...Love & hugs, Cindy

Julie Harward said...

The deepest of heartaches for a mother, a grandmother. Hugs to you as you feel the sadness of this day. I know as you know, that Families Are Forever...how could any one believe otherwise?! :D

bj said...

oH, Nana...I can't even BEGIN to imagine how this would be. It scares me to even talk or think about it. I DO know, however, that I could never go thru it without our sweet Jesus. I, like you, don't know what people do in times like this without HIM and HIS love for us.

I just posted about a couple of my grands..come by..
Love and kisses and prayers, bj

Diana Ferguson said...

Hugs to you. May He comfort as no other can!

Janet said...

I am so sorry to hear about this, Diana. I can't imagine this, but am glad your hope is in the Lord because you will see her again one day.
Love and Blessings,
Janet

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hugs to you dear friend,
xo
me

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Yes, a big, big hug to you Diana! I don't know how people do it without HIM either, you will see her again and oh, what a glorious thing that will be♥

Blessed Serendipity said...

Hello Diana,
I am sad for you and your little angel. I do believe that you will be reunited with her. Hugs and love to you.

Danielle

Tete said...

Oh, what a time you have had the last couple of weeks. You are so blessed beyonds words and yet your trials and burdens are heavy ones. Anna Bella is such a sweet name, and I am sure she is having no problems in Heaven, being so cute and adorable and all. So many grandparents to rock her and love on her.
Having faith in knowing that sometimes God asks us to hand something back that he has given, that it's all a part of His big plan and that he has it all under control is the only way to get through any loss, and all the major ones.
All the years we spend walking apart will be nothing when we get there.
Hugs- Tete

ShabbyESP said...

Oh Nana Diana what a terrible thing to go through!!!
I have an angel grandson Austin Ryan he was with us for only 6 hours. I never got to meet him since he was born too early and I was living in TC at the time. But I think about him all of the time especially in July.
My heart goes out to you and your family. We never understand why things like this happen but like you someday I will be able to hold my sweet little Austin.
Suzann ~xoxo~