Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Devilishly Delightful

SweetCheeks descends on a house with a flurry of activity and an abundance of energy. She is not a child to softly pad across the floor and play quietly with her toys. No, she is the child that brings with her a host of imaginary friends and grandiose ideas and leaves a path of disorder and mini-messes. Gotta love a kid like that!




A few weeks ago she went to visit Auntie Mimi to play with BabyE for the day while her Daddy did some work on the house. I look at this beautiful child and can hardly believe he belongs to us. He was a long time coming....



A few doors down lives Auntie Mimi's new BFF. This BFF has a baby (Eli) that is just a few weeks older than BabyE. The BFF also has a cat. I don't know his name so we will just call him CAT. Mimi took SweetCheeks on a walk and they stopped for a short visit so that SweetCheeks could meet Eli. Upon entering the house, CAT came near to "inspect & approve" SweetCheeks. This cat is docile, quiet and quite aloof (imagine that). SweetCheeks turned her gaze on CAT and "growled" CAT growled back. SweetCheeks growled louder. CAT's growl became a deep yowl-growl. SweetCheeks gave him a look that we fondly call "The Firestarter Gaze". CAT turned tail and ran.


BFF looked at Mimi. Mimi & BFF looked at SweetCheeks. BFF asked if her Mom & Dad were Catholic. They are. Mimi wondered WHY the BFF wanted to know if they were Catholic. I thought he put it rather nicely when he replied, "Because I don't know of any other church that can perform an exorcism!!"


WHAT? Take the devilish playfulness out of THAT child? I say NO WAY! I, personally, like a little naughtiness....perhaps because she reminds me of my brother. He was the naughty one in my family. Okay, okay....don't send me one of those hateful e-mails, Charlie. I'm just kidding! We both know that the naughty one in our family was my invisible friend, Felicia! Yep! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
your photo name

No comments: