Wednesday, April 28, 2010

On The Road Again

Sadly, our time with SweetCheeks & Company in Florida has come to an end. We hugged our special DizzyWurld friends goodbye. (see if you can guess who is who in the picture) TPot & TheBrawnyMan decided to change their tickets so that SweetCheeks could fly home with them. We knew that once she saw them there was no way we were going to cram her back into a car seat for a 3 day drive home. I, for one, missed her constant chatter and thought it was too quiet. MyHero, on the other hand, kept saying, "Thank you, Jesus". I thought at first he was praying for a safe trip home. Then I realized he was praising God for the silence that surrounded us. Would we do it again~start a 10 day trip with a 3 year old in tow? In a heartbeat! I call it bonding-MyHero calls it selected torture. (his sense of humor wore thin about day 3)-too bad for him!

We headed out early on Friday morning and the tornadoes and storms chased us as fast as they could. However, we outran them and drove under threatening skies but completely missed all the rain and damaging winds. I purchased one of those Exit Guides. Let me tell you, if you travel the interstates this is an invaluable guide. It tells you what is at EVERY exit. Starbuck is SOOO much richer because we had that guide! MyHero is SOOO much poorer. I told him that in order to drive I needed plenty of hot, good coffee & BurgerKing's coffee just didn't cut it. He told me that we could have bought a new car for what I spent on coffee. I told him to take the bus home. The spat went downhill from there but stopped just short of name calling (at least out loud). I always wondered if CrabAxx has two or 3 S's-does anyone know?

Well, we arrived safe and sound in good old Green Bay late Saturday. It is always pure joy to me to see the shoreline and the water behind our house & I am grateful that God has created all this beauty for us to enjoy. Yep~We are blessed in many ways. One of them is that we had a safe and uneventful drive home. I think we did pretty good- 3500 miles (all told) and we're still speaking!
your photo name

No comments: